Chapter 22: A Surprisingly Gentle Kidnapper

You slowly woke up, feeling someone else's body cuddled with yours. Opening your eyes, you saw Todoroki looking down at you as he played with your hair. "Oh, princess. You're awake." He noted softly, his tender gaze helping to ease your fears. A light blush covered your face as you enjoyed the heat that radiated from his body. 

Todoroki smiled gently, getting up. "I'll go make breakfast. You can stay here if you'd like." He said, kissing your forehead and leaving. When he did, you snuggled yourself into the plush blanket. You decided to lay there for a few more minutes. The sunlight shone through the window, annoying you. Eventually, you had to get up. The light was bothering you too much for you to stay in bed any longer.

A slight breeze brushed past you, making you shiver. Why did it have to be so cold? You ignored it, walking over to the kitchen. Todoroki heard your footsteps and turned toward you with a soft expression. "There you are, butterfly. I was just about to come to get you." He mentioned, untying the apron that he had been wearing. 

~

The two of you enjoyed breakfast together before Todoroki got a phone call. He took a glance at the caller ID and seemed to internally panic. "I'll be right back, princess. Don't follow me." He said in the calmest voice that he could muster. Abruptly, he left. After a few minutes, you began to get curious. You wondered what he was talking about and why he seemed so scared. 

However, you stayed put. You didn't know what Todoroki would do if you disobeyed him, as you haven't tried thus far. It took several more minutes before he came back, a look of relief on his face. "Are you alright, Shoto?" You asked, sending a shiver down his spine. He smiled lightly and nodded. "I'm perfectly fine, butterfly. There's no reason to worry about me." He replied, sitting back down in front of you. 

Despite how he had responded, Todoroki still looked slightly nervous. You decided to shrug it off, figuring that it was none of your business anyway. For a few moments, he simply stared at you. He did this often. He would always say that he was just admiring your beauty. "Princess, you do love me, right?" He suddenly asked, his expression impossible to read.

Your heart seemed to stop for a moment. It didn't make sense to you as to why he would ask something like that. "O-Of course I do. Why would you even ask?" You answered, averting your gaze. Todoroki's slight smile returned as his fingertips gently graced your cheek. Your eyes met his for a brief moment before you looked away again. 

Todoroki seemed content for the time being. His gentle nature still messed with your head, but you tried to ignore it. For now, it was best if you didn't question anything. You wanted to get a better grip of what was going on before you tried to escape. "No reason," He replied, shifting his gaze to a window. You knew that something was wrong, but you were too terrified to bring it up.

~

Strangely enough, Todoroki had been rather distant for the rest of the day. Instead of his usual affection, he stayed in his room most of the day. That was one of the only rooms that you weren't allowed to enter. Occasionally, he'd come out and give a nod or a wave, but he stayed mostly silent.

You were worried, to say the least. This kind of behavior was really uncharacteristic, especially for him. The strangest part was that you were kind of relieved. Since Todoroki was leaving you alone for so long, it gave you a chance to look around. It gave you a chance to look for ways to escape.

Of course, you wouldn't look for too long. You never knew when he might be waiting around a corner. So, you made sure to take extra precautions. You didn't know what he was capable of just yet. Maybe you'd seen a few things, but you couldn't just assume that was the extent of his abilities. 

After looking for about fifteen minutes, you walked back to what you called your room. It was fairly nice, nicer than your room back home. And it was definitely nicer than the basement that you had been trapped in previously. You laid across the bed, closing your eyes for a brief moment. A deep sigh escaped your lips as you attempted to relax, trying to set things straight in your head.

You were snapped out of your thoughts by a soft knock at the door. "Come in," You muttered, already knowing who was on the other side. Todoroki stepped inside, sitting down beside you. "I'm really sorry about today, butterfly. I've just been really stressed today..." He trailed off, rubbing his temple.

Looking up at Todoroki, you gestured for him to lay down next to you. He did so, his eyes meeting yours. "Well, at least I have you." He noted, running one of his hands through your hair. Your face flushed to a light shade of pink. Sure, it wasn't the first time he said something like that, but it still flustered you.

Todoroki's passion was always something that had messed with you. Especially since you knew that he meant it. The tall male held you close to his chest, allowing you to hear his heartbeat. It was calming, surprisingly enough. Both of you stayed silent for a few moments, simply enjoying each other's company. 

"I don't think that I'll ever be able to express how much I love you." Todoroki sighed contently, brushing some of your hair out of your face. Your body cuddled into his automatically, craving the heat that he gave off. "You are my everything. If you were taken away from me, I don't know what I'd do." He explained, his heterochromatic eyes looking down at you.

~

"Come on! I can't take this anymore!"

"I'm fully aware of that. We just need to be careful. It's a matter of making sure that we stay out of their war."

"What do you mean?"

"We have to wait a few more days. If Midoriya and Bakugo come back, then we have to stay back longer. If they don't... well, we can take action."

"Finally!"

"Don't get your hopes up."