Chapter 51.

~Nathan~

After going to see August's cousin, we pulled up a few houses down from a house that was assumed to be where Terrance lived.

August put the car in park and turned the engine off.

We sat in silence for a bit.

"So what exactly are we looking for?" I questioned.

He shrugged.

"Activity."

I gave him a sarcastic look but he ignored me.

Ten more minutes went by before the front door finally opened and out walked a woman.

I glanced over at August to see he was on his phone and didn't see the woman come out of the house.

She wiped her nose a few times, constantly looking up and down the street as she walked through the driveway.

Wait a minute...

"Yo I know her." I nudged him and pointed. "She came to the house the other day when y'all were gone."

August looked up in the woman's direction.

"What the fuck." He said under his breath.

We watched the woman get in a car and pull off.

August quickly started the engine and pulled off after her.

"I thought this was a stakeout for Terrance, not some random crackhead."

August didn't reply but he was visibly pissed for some reason so I just sat back.

As soon as the woman pulled into what I assumed was her driveway, August pulled in damn near on top of her car and jumped out.

I hurried and got out too.

I didn't know what the hell was going on but something was definitely about to go down.

"Sylvia!" He yelled, and she flinched.

She turned around and immediately rolled her eyes when she saw it was August.

Ohhh so this was Serena's mother.

"What the hell do you want August?"

"You wanna tell me why the fuck I just saw you leaving Terrance's house just now?"

Her eyes got big before she straightened her face.

At least we knew for a fact that was Terrance's house.

"Mannn, I don't have time for this shit." She turned and made her way to her front door with her keys in her hand, with August right behind her.

She struggled to unlock the front door.

"I think you're tryna unlock your house with your car key shorty" I pointed out.

"Did I fucking ask you?" She spat.

She continued struggling to get the right key into the lock until August snatched them from her and unlocked the door for her.

She immediately tried to run deeper inside the house but August grabbed her and pushed her back until she had no choice but to sit on the couch.

"Fuck that. Stay yo ass right there and explain what the fuck is going on." He demanded. "Nate, lock the door fa me."

I closed and locked the door.

Not cause I was his lil bitch or anything.

I didn't want anybody to hear if the girl started acting a fool and hollering or something else crazy.