Chapter 6

Second Person POV

Looking around a certain brunette travelled along the big trees in which surrounded him.

"Well look who's finally awake, good morning, big oaf," Senku said as he was about to ascend from his hut. 

Looking up his eyes widen in disbelief. "Ah! Senku, you're alive!"

Running up to his close friend, Taiju was about to hug Senku, but to his dismay instead of receiving a hug, he got a kick to the face.

"Don't you dare hug me while you're butt naked! Hands off, I'm not joking!"

Taking in a few deep breathes he finally started to calm down. Rubbing his nape, Taiju thought it would be best to listen to what Senku had to say. Unlike a certain level-headed boy, he didn't know what was going on and what happened to the current day.

Resting his hand on the back of his nape Senku looked around. "It's October 5th in the year 5738, you really slept in for a hell of a long time. I've been up diligently working my tail off for the last 6 months," he stated calmly. 

"Hold on so it's been like-" Raising his hands up Taiju began desperately trying to do the math with his fingers, only to have been cut off but Senku. "It has been 3700 years."

"How do you know what day it is? You got some sort of calendar or what?" He always knew his best friend was smart but to what extent? 

"Eh, I figured it out by counting. It was the logical thing to do. Follow me."

Walking closer to Senku he obeyed. "So, you said that you've been awake for 6 months right? What have you been doing all this time?" The brunette questioned. 

"You'll see when we get there."

Arriving at their destination Senku did the pleasure of showing Taiju around. Taiju was amazed at how much Senku had done in just half a year, if he were to have been unpetrified first he was sure without Senku he'd probably be dead. "Woah, Senku, this is awesome I can't believe you built this yourself!"

"It better be good, this took forever."

Cracking the joints in his neck Senku proceeded to say, "Until now I've been lacking manpower, coming up with a bare minimum to survive takes up all my time. I'm going to rebuild civilization, I'll need a muskily meathead to do the grunt work. In other words, I've been waiting for you Taiju I was 10 billion percent sure you were still alive, you were so hell-bent on confessing your love and for a guy as stubborn as you even a few thousand you wouldn't stop that from making that happened. You aren't weak."

All Taiju could do was nod in agreement.

"Yeah, of course, I'm not. Alright, Senku, you can handle all the brainy stuff and you can leave the heavy lifting to me, no problem."

It took humanity over 2 million years to crawl out of the stone age and into the modern age, we need to do that in a sprint. I swear I'm going to take back the world. through science, I'll figure out what happened to us and how we broke free. 

I swear I'm going to save Yuzuriha!!

We're maybe a couple of high school kids but we're going to rebuild civilization from the ground up. 

"You and I will be like Adem and Eve, together we'll bring life back to this stone world, this is exhilaration, get excited." 

...

Racing back to camp Taiju set down his basket full of what he deemed 'edible'. "That's definitely a plus-sized haul, Taiju, do you have a real-life cheat code for stamina?"