-twenty-

After Christina helped tend to Annabelle's bleeding nose piercing it was soon her turn to fight, and against Molly the girl who's previously won against Tris.

Molly was at an advantage when it came to fighting, her naturally large structure making her punches and kicks have more strength than average and that's what lead to Christina crawling on the floor away from Molly begging for it to stop.

Eric walked over looking down at Christina who remained in the floor "I'm sorry what did you say? You're done?"

Christina panted, blood trickling down her face and sweat making her forehead glisten. She looked up at the fierce Dauntless leader and nods. Annabelle pursed her lips, she didn't think Eric would appreciate this situation. That's why her eyebrows furrowed when he held his hand out for Christina to take and began to pull her up and out of the training room yelling a "Follow me,"

***

All the transfers stand by the chasm watching as Eric wraps his hand around Christina's waste only to push her over the side of the metal bridge and let go of her hand leaving her to dangle for her life.

"If you hang over the chasm for five minutes, I will forget your cowardice," He began, Annabelle pushed through the initiates and tried to get as close to the girl as she could just in case Christina began to slip, before Eric sent her a deathly glare, "If you can't I will not allow you to continue initiation."

Annabelle saw Al set his watch, he nodded at her as if to say he'd let her know when her arm could latch onto the other girls, and Annabelle nodded in return, eager for the time to go quickly.

Water begins to drop onto the bridge and onto Christina's face and hands, her grip loosens as she begins to slip, her groans becoming more prominent and louder, desperate for her own survival.

Al and Tris begin to egg Christina on exclaiming that she can do it. Annabelle couldn't bring the words out of her mouth, solely concentrating on the grip Christina had on the rail knowing if she slipped again Anna would have to grab her, she didn't care if she'd end up factionless if one of her friends remained alive.

"Five minutes are up!" Al practically spat at Eric causing the older man to check his own watch, taking his time to look up.

"Fine you can come up now,"

Annabelle quickly walked in front of Christina grabbing her hand, Al following grabbing the other as the pair pulled the girl up, Anna also pulling her into a hug.

"Well done," Annabelle whispered to Christina, "Well done."

***

Annabelle sat on her bed in the dormitory the next morning, listening to the whistling of Peter, with her eyes shut. She found it oddly relaxing - much to her dismay. When he stopped and began talking Annabelle rolled her eyes, even though nobody could see. She paid no mind to the conversation he was having with Tris, until he went back to whistling.

She also paid no mind when Al and Tris left the room without her, she'd lost track of time after all. However when she felt a presence in front of her she opened her eyes.

"We need to get to the training room," Peter said as he stood looking down at her as she sat.

Annabelle only nodded, standing from her spot and beginning to walk, Peter walking beside her.

"Surprised you didn't make any remarks earlier, Belle," He said, disrupting the silence Annabelle was getting comfortable in.