XIV¤ Complications

XIV

Fredrick stopped moving. Is this supposed to happen?

The mind control I placed on the humans is wearing off. I need to take him somewhere where he won't be seen.

I grab his upper arm and I haul him up. I place him on my shoulder and I use my speed to take him into a flower shop's open bathroom.

I place him on the toilet seat. His eyes are disoriented and still their red and black color. It's as if he's conscious but then not.

"Fredrick?" I shake his shoulder. He mumbles but then zones out. What a pain.

"Fredrick wake up."

Fredrick moves to me and pins me to the small bathroom wall in a speed close to my own.

"Fredrick?" I study his facial expressions.

His heart beat begins to decrease. That instantly worries me. That isn't supposed to happen. He is still living, his heart should be beating.

His breathing begins to get heavy and he locks his eyes with mine.

"What do you need?" I ask curiously. His expression shows hunger. For what?

I wince at his teeth digging into my neck. They're not cutting the skin but bruising it.

I push him off me and I hold him still.

"So you want my blood?" I hesitate but then I use my nail to cut a thin deep line on my throat. Fredrick goes wild and when I let him go his mouth is back on my neck sucking out the blood.

His heart beat is going back to normal. Is it because he is feeding on my blood? I shouldn't have done this unless I was sure of the outcome. Maybe he needs my blood to survive. Is it only just my blood?

He finishes and steps away from me. His eyes slowly turn back to their original color. He looks at me then at my neck.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him.

"Numb... my body feels different. Lighter." He observed his hand.

I walk forward and I use my thumb to wipe my blood from his lips. His skin is more radiant and his eyes and hair shine.

"Shall we go? We left Ael by himself."

Fredrick fixes his coat and nods. "After you young master."

I smile and walk out the bathroom. We get some odd stares but we ignore them and walk outside. Ael is sitting on the bench we were on before. He spots us and a smile appears on his face.

"Where did you two go? I was starting to get scared." He mumbles the last part.

"Fredrick and I just had to use the restroom. But don't worry, we're back." I smile.

"Is it time to go? Where's Dante?" Ael asks.

"I am not sure."

It has surely been hours since he left us.

I smell the air and Dante's sent hits me hard.

"Fredrick, grab Ael and follow me." I order him then I run to Dante.

I could smell his blood. But why? Is he injured?

I hear Ael whimper in Fredrick's arms. With the speed we are going I would understand his pain. Especially since it is the first time Fredrick runs in vampire speed. He doesn't know how to control the speed. He's moving sloppily.

I stop in front of a gate. Two men with... guns, well I think that is what they are called, stand guard.

"Let us in." I command them. In a matter of seconds we are passing through and running into the building behind the gate.