Rule 2 • A Queen is at Home with her Court

School was fun, Darjani could say that. After all, it was fun; the addictive lies, wicked schemes and the blissful satisfaction of watching someone crumble, especially when it was caused by her, was Darjani's sense of fun. It was mean but, oh was it entertaining. She missed her playground, her court of friends but not the excessive affection being tossed around by Dominic and Yvonne.

The first weekend of school was celebrated with a party she held in a bid to forget about the way her chest tightened whenever she saw them together, an unmistakable want to be in Yvonne's position; to be the one Dominic was holding. He wasn't more handsome than Adonis but there was something about him that made her heart skip a beat whenever they made eye contact.

The party failed in making her forget but Adonis did and he succeeded efficiently. But, come morning and a vision of the dark male brought her back, bringing her back from the euphoria Adonis had taken her to the night before. However, that bitter, jealous girl was left at home. The monarch came to school and she was glad to see their group was complete.

The seat Yvonne currently occupied on their cafeteria table once belonged to Miroslava Vasiliev, their Russian seductress and Darjani had never thought that she'd be pleased to see the blonde for any reason than to have her seduce and destroy some unfortunate male, or female as the case may be. She was currently working on her already spot on makeup, a tube of lipstick dangling from her fingers.

As the door closed behind Darjani, Miroslava turned to look at her and her blood red lips curled upwards in a smirk.

"Well hello there," She turned back to her reflection, a smile stretching her lips even wider, "How are you?"

"Disgusted. So much so that I'm practically retching." Darjani as she leaned unto the marble sink. The lavatory was luxurious as was everywhere else in the school, down to the janitor's closet.

"Poor thing. How sad." The blonde purred in mock sympathy, eyeing her friend from the mirror.

"I'm anything but poor and sad. I take great offense to your words." Darjani stared at Miroslava with narrowed eyes, looking menacing though she was just joking. The Russian, however, seemed to look through the glare and laughed softly.

"My deepest apologies. My words of sympathy were phrased wrongly." She said, her voice velvety and fake but her words were spoken with slight earnestness behind them. Even Miroslava wasn't immune to the wrath of the Somali and the knowledge of that cautioned her words and actions around and about Darjani.

The bell rang just then. A loud and annoying charm reaching every part of the school, signalling the beginning of class.

"See you during lunch." Darjani said as she left, not even giving the other girl a glance. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and smirked, adjusting her uniform.

'And a very exciting meal this shall be."

She made a mental note to get to the cafeteria early in order to save her seat. Unfortunately, as she put it, it was currently being filled in by an unworthy trespasser.

•~•~•~•~

The classes rolled on as normal, the one Miroslava shared with Adamata was filled with gossip and descriptive insults thrown towards Yvonne.

Yvonne sat next to Miroslava and Adamata during economics, in a bid to strengthen the almost nonexistent relationship between them, connected only by her relationship with Dominic.

"I'm glad you're back, Miro. It's been much too long." Yvonne said, smiling sweetly. Deep down she didn't like the girl's behaviour but pretence was the norm for her.