08

[8]

LIANA

The Christmas Ball was a formal event for the families of Sacred Twenty-Eight and therefore a crucial event to attend for Persephone. Her presence needed to be remembered. She needed recognition for when the time comes.

Persephone carefully looked at herself from the mirror. She wore a long black halter dress delicately embroidered by small silver floral patterns made from silk-like material. The dress hugged her, peppering her body with soft kisses. She carefully slipped on a thin diamond necklace that matched the silver on her dress and a pair of long pearl earrings. Her emerald family ring was magically tightened to fit on her index finger, creating a contrast to her colourless attire. She applied a dark contour, mascara, eyeliner and painted her lips to a ruby red. Then she waved one of her hands making a pair of exquisite black gloves to appear on her hands. She made her way to the front door and took her ordinary pair of black heels. With a swish of her wand, the heels rose a little in height, creating fine patterns at the front area and essentially creating straps around her ankles.

Crack. She disapparated into the night.

A puff of wind swept through her dark hair before brushing against the rustling leaves. It flowed weightlessly behind her as she walked lightly, to the opened gates of Malfoy Manor. At the sight of the doorman, she stopped and sent him a dazzling smile before handing him a fake duplicate of her wand. She quickly looked around to see if anyone was there before leaning in to whisper to the doorman: "tell me if you see anyone you don't recognise. You know how to get to me," her soft voice made the doorman quiver a little with comfort, almost slipping a purr, but instead noded professionally to save himself the embarrassment.

She then straightened and walked through the gate in the same elegant manner. As soon as she entered the room, a wave of warmth hit her, the entry room was empty except for the polished wooden cupboards and expensive art pieces that hang sadly on the wall.

She then turned sharp right, down the wooden hallway and entered another set of doors where she was immediately welcomed by a crowd of voices, and music.

The doors opened to a grande ball room, two long glass table sat at the centre of the room that was filled with different types of deserts from all over the world. Malfoy's were luxurious in their own way, filling the room with food and drinks that you can only normally find native to a specific way as well as the fragile, magical decorations around the room. Glass stalls that were all around the room providing drinks due to their preferences, done completely with magic. Crystal butterflies flew around the ball room, occasionally landing on people's shoulders.

As soon as she stepped in, she made sure to release a wave of dark magic attracting almost all of the eyes of the general crowd. It surrounded and suffocated the entire room as if oxygen have suddenly been squeezed out of your lungs. However, she covered it back down as fast as she had released it when she was approached by a smiling Mrs Malfoy.

"I was wondering when you would arrive Persephone dear," Narcissa announced, giving Persephone a soft peck on the cheek. Persephone gave the same soft smile back.

"It's an honour to be invited," Persephone replied, her voice quiet but firm. Whispers had already roused around the room some of recognition, some of curiosity and even some of fear. Fear for the darkness that the girl had brought as she entered the room. She quickly spotted the rest of her group waving at her from the centre of the room. She made her way there slowly, making note of everyone in the room making sure everyone was supposed to be here. She first spotted Liana Carrow, who was standing by herself with a long green dress which didn't look right for the girl. Liana had an aura that kept people at bay even whilst looking very uncomfortable herself.