Because she needed him

"Lia, Lia look at you." Said Dottie as she walked out of the Slytherin common room to see her favourite cousin waiting for her. Ophelia wore a green dress, and her honey hair was pulled up behind her head. "All dolled up, Aunt Cordelia would be so proud."

"I wanted to match with you. After all neither of us could get dates to this damn thing." Said Ophelia.

"Shh, no one needs to know." Said Dottie as they began to walk to Slughorns office. "And we are hardly matching. Totally different greens."

"Not after we put on these fascinators." Said Ophelia, conjuring two flamboyant hats.

"No." Said Dottie plainly.

"These sunglasses?"

"No."

"These gloves."

"No."

"These flower crowns." Said Ophelia, pulling out two flower crowns.

"Very on brand. And fine." Said Dottie as Ophelia fixed the crown onto her head.

"Beautiful." Said Ophelia, as they made their way to Slughorns office, "Lets take pictures, before we are sloshed on elf wine."

She pulled out a small wizarding camera. "Seriously? But we do look fabulous."

"Smile." Said Ophelia, snapping a photo of Dottie, the flash illuminating her face. "Quality photo, my friend."

"Your turn, now pose." Said Dottie, snatching the camera, Ophelia struck a pose but broke it laughing. Laughter the the camera caught.

"We need one to take for the grandparents." Said Dottie, smiling at Ophelia's contagious laughter. "Riddle! Can you take a picture of us?"

Tom Riddle wore an all back suit and he looked ever the dark prince. Ophelia smiled hopefully.

"Only one." He said, accepting the photos and the camera from Ophelia.

She looked really pretty dressed up in green.

"What pose?" Asked Ophelia,

"It is for our grandparents so maybe,"

"Stand still and look pretty." Finished Ophelia, "Riddle, can you take two, I promise it'll be so quick."

"Fine, Marigold."

The two girls smiled prettily at the camera, Dottie even curtsied, causing Ophelia to giggle.

"Okay, okay, now muggle cop movie." Said Ophelia, and they raised their hands like pistols and stood back to back before the flash captured when they pointed it at the camera.

Ophelia took the pictures from Riddle, sticking them and the camera in her small purse which obviously had more than one extension charm on it.

"Thank you so much, Riddle." She said, smiling at him.

"Don't mention it, Marigold." He replied before swiftly leaving the two girls in the hallway.

"He realizes we are going to the same place, Right?" Asked Dottie, as they resumed their walk to Slughorns office.

"I think to him everything we say is buzzes and clicks." Said Ophelia as they began to hear the Christmas party.

It was dancing with circulating platters of food in a lavishly decorated office.

"There's Nott, What a dick." Said Dottie, as they made there way to a platter of food.

"Can't believe he just pretended not to know me." Said Ophelia. "He should've just grown a pair and told me no."