Go to hogsmeade with me

"Expecto Patronum." Said Ophelia as a silvery shield formed in front of her, she smiled brightly and turned to Primrose.

"You are too good at this. Stop being so happy." Said Primrose as a few white wisps fell from her wand. "What are you thinking about?"

"Running from the caretaker after hours with my brother when he wanted to give me the full tour of the school. very fun. Or when one miss Rosie Halpert pushed me into the black lake." Said Ophelia proudly as she managed another shield.

"I'll think about that one," Said Primrose, pointing her wand and saying, "Expecto Patronum," A shield as big as Ophelia's appeared in front of her. She giggled pure joy overtaking her features, "What is your brother's patronus?"

"A wolf, he howled to enter a conversation every day for a week last year. He is so proud because it's the same as mum's." Said Ophelia scowling at the memory of her brother getting served first for all of summer vacation.

"My mother's patronus is a sphynx cat." Said Primrose and Ophelia looked thoughtful for a moment,

"Yeah, that tracks." She said thinking about meeting her mother how aristoccratic and awful she was,

A dog ran through Ophelia's legs as she turned her gaze to the caster only to see Ricky MckKenna beaming at his patronus.

"Well done, Mister McKenna," Said Professor Merrythought, "Tell us, what were you thinking of?"

Ricky blushed profusely as his black labrador ran circles around him, "A party after winning the Quidditch cup." The class snickered and the labrador disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Back to practice, students." Said Professor Merrythought and everyone resumed yelling expecto patronum.

Ophelia and Primrose walked over to Ricky, "What were you really thinking of?" Asked Primrose.

"None of your business." Said Ricky as Primrose narrowed her blue eyes at him.

"Could it be what happened after said Quidditch party perhaps?" Asked Primrose.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Rosie, this is our friend." Said Ophelia patting Ricky on the shoulder next to him, "But like seriously what happened. OH was it Dot?"

McKenna turned away and conjured his labrador again and this time it ran straight through Primrose and Ophelia's legs, knocking them over. They laughed as they tried to climb to their feet.

"None of your business, Marigold." He said jokingly, and she raised an eyebrow,

"Back to last names are we, McKenna?" She asked,

"Come on Ms. Marigold lets take our business elsewhere." Said Primrose, looping her arm through Ophelia and walking to where Sandra stood eyebrows lowered in concentration her freckled face turning pink as she willed magic to come from her wand.

"Why yes, Miss Halpert, why there is our jolly good friend Miss Desmond." Said Ophelia as they neared her.

"How did you two manage to make shields?" Asked Sandra looking between the two incredulously.

"I can tell you a joke." Said Primrose,

"Dear Helga if it's about crossing a prim with a rose." Said Ophelia, resting her face in her hands and shaking her head.

"It is a good joke." Said Primrose defensively.

"No." Said Ophelia,

"It's really not." Finished Sandra, as she smiled.

"Expecto patronum." Said Primrose and light burst forth a tiny set of wings appeared before she got distracted, "Wings! I have wings!"

"I told you it would be a bird." SAid Ophelia as Sandra cast hers and a pair of paws appeared shortly before disappearing.

"Expecto patronum." She said and a pair of hooves appeared and started galloping. She was going to have a horse. She got distracted and it evaporated almost.

"It's not a badger." Said Primrose in shock, "I'll get you your ten galleons."

"I think I'll spend my galleons on so much fucking candy." SAid Ophelia smiling brightly and reaching out her hand to shake Primrose's "Pleasure doing business with you, Rosie dearest."

"Fine." Said Primrose, "Sandy, Ophelia's bullying me."

"It'll be okay." Said Sandra as she gave Primrose a hug.

"I don't have to take this." Said Ophelia, shaking her head dramatically before bidding them goodbye.

"Marigold, you and your friends have a very strange relationship." Said Tom, walking and standing next to her.

"I would ten out of ten die for them. That's friendship, bitch" Merrythought looked at her, "Erooniedoonie." Said Ophelia and the teacher smiled at her.

"A what?" Asked Tom, his hands in his pockets as he stared down at her an amused look on his face.

"A bitcherooniedoonie, a word I just invented." She said proudly, "It's like invented a spell, only so much easier."

Tom smiled at her, from beside her he could see the slight flush on her cheeks from exerting magical force. Her hair shone like honey, and her usual smile graced her lips.

"Have you managed to conjure anything, Riddle?" She asked, looking up at him.

"No." He said, and she looked at him thoughtfully, her honey eyes looking across his face, studying his expression.

"I got a set of hooves. I think it's a horse." She said, "What do you think of when you say expecto patronum?" She asked, he looked down at her again.

"I couldn't pick a memory." He said.

"Do you not have one happy enough?" She asked, her slightly messy eyebrows furrowing.

"I have one but I don't want to use it." He said, thinking about walking around with her during prefect rounds. He remembered playing the slapping game and laughing at her. Actual happiness.

"Come to hogsmeade with me this weekend. Oh and please provide a list of all the things you like to do." She said, staring up at him with a hopeful smile. Tom looked at her, taken completely off guard. Was it a date? Was she asking him on a date? He had watched her ask Nott out earlier that year. He knew Ophelia had no qualms asking a guy out.

"Why?" He asked,

"We are going to make some memories." Said Ophelia before looking as the room filling up with wisps of white magic. "You know, so McKenna can suck it when my big ass horse is cooler than his dog."