Honesty felt...good?

They were sitting opposite each other on a bench at the edge of Hogsmeade. She had a massive bag of candy. In her lap and he was actually having more fun with her than he had ever had with any of his friends.

Currently she was trying to throw a candy into his mouth.

"Wider." She ordered, "I promise it won't hit your nose this time." She said, giggles threatening to spill over her lips.

She threw it and it hit his cheek. "Fuck me." She muttered, "Okay one more time, I promise, just stop moving." She said, Tom wasn't moving she just wanted an excuse to touch his face. She held him in place, "Stay there." She removed her hand and narrowed her eyes to aim. She actually got the stupid jelly bean in. "YES." She said, throwing her arms into the air.

He made a face at the flavour, "Earwax." He said.

"That's Dumbledore's favourite you know." She said nodding her head sagely.

"How do you know?"

"He visited me in the Hospital, ate all my jelly beans. I don't care if he's the supposedly the most powerful wizard of our generation, eating all the jelly beans is a dick move." Said Ophelia smiling at Tom who cracked a smile, she shoved the bag of Jelly beans towards him, "you try."

"Stay still." He commanded. She moved her face around anyways and he placed a hand on her chin holding her in place.

Is this what she wants? He mused to himself.

"Throw it, coward." She said before opening her mouth wide once more. He got it in on the first shot. "Do you have to be good at everything?"

"Yes," he said, grinning at her and laughter burst from her lips.

"Is that so?" She said, eating a honey square in one bite. He nodded, and ran a hand through his hair. "So arrogant, it's a wonder you are not a Gryffindor."

"Take that back." He said grabbing hold of the bad of candy, and threatening to spill it all over the ground.

"Not the candy." She said, looking at him with wide honey eyes but her smile still illuminated her face.

"Yes the candy, now take that back." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"Fine, I take it back you are a Slytherin." She said, he raised the bag over his head she huffed.

"Not good enough." He said, and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Not good enough my ass." She said, as she reached for them. He held them higher and she sighed, "you are sooo Slytherin that the name Tom Riddle is synonymous with snakes and shit."

"Did you just say my name was synonymous with shit?" He asked, mocking hurt.

Ophelia had never seen him playful and to her he had never been so attractive.

"Perhaps I meant you were the shit, Riddle, don't assume the worst in people." She said, raising an eyebrow at him. "They might surprise you." She had gotten a lot closer to him. All she could smell was his cologne and it was intoxicating. She put her foot on the ground and stood a little to grab the bag of Candy from his hands and sitting back down.

He rolled his eyes at her, but he had just made a much more important discovery, she was not wearing a bra. He was also beginning to understand the appeal of sundresses.

"Come on." He said, standing up and offering her his hand,

"Where are we going?" She asked, taking his hand.

"Somewhere special." He replied, he didn't let go of her hand.

"Riddle, please don't take offence to this question but are you going to try to kill me? Cause I have to warn you I'm a fighter." She said as she let him lead her back to the castle.