Chapter 10

The next morning you wake up feeling utterly exhausted, despite having slept so much.

You get up from bed, your legs wobbling. Glancing down, you see bruises all over.

Wincing you head to the bathroom.

You take a long hot shower. Even resting your head on the tiled wall a bit.

Afterwards you put on your fluffy bathrobe, and walk downstairs.

Damn, every movement hurt and you felt somewhat dizzy.

The doorbell rang and you hobbled your way over to answer it.

Opening it you see Kira. He's smiling and holding a bag.

"Morning. Aw, you look so cute in your robe". He chuckles and walks in give you a light hug.

He hands you the bag.

As he closes the door, you peer inside.

It was your backpack and your phone!

Gasping you grab your phone and pull it out.

"How did you get this?!"

Kira smirks at you.

"I told you, William can't do shit to me".

He heads into your kitchen and you follow him in amazement.

Maybe having Kira around was a good thing after all.

While Kira rattles around in your fridge, you turn on your cellphone in desperation.

There were about 10 missed calls from Violet.

You groan and call her.

Might as well do it now.

She answers quickly and breathes out, "Where have you been?! That guy Kira told me you went home yesterday because you felt sick. Are you okay???"

Her voice sounded urgent and you sit down at your tiny kitchen table.

"Yeah. I was just really tired from lack of sleep. Uh Kira helped me home and I've been sleeping since I came home. I'm sorry for not answering".

Violet let's out a sigh of relief.

"God I was up all night thinking you were dying or something".

You look over at Kira who's cracking eggs into a pan cheerfully.

"No I'm fine now".

"Do you want me to come over? I'm supposed to hang with Caleb and William, but I can cancel".

William

You shiver hearing his name.

"No no. I'm fine! Let's just hang tomorrow. Maybe we can go to the mall or something". You say numbly not wanting to think about yesterday.

You hear someone talking from behind Violet.

"William! Stop tickling me!" Violet says giggling madly.

There's more noise and then a dial tone.

You blink in confusion.

Ok.. apparently nobody wanted you talk to Violet. Especially William, who must've been real pissed from yesterday.

You wince and slowly set your phone down on the table.

"Here Y/N".

Kira sets a plate down full of scrambled eggs and bacon.

"I'm making some toast too. Do you want some pancakes?"

You smile at him faintly as he shows off your Valentine's Day apron you owned.

He poses with a hand on his hip.

"How do I look?"

The apron was a freebie you had gotten after entering some stupid contest about a year ago.

It was ridiculous looking, with hearts and pink splashed all over.

You laugh as Kira poses some more.

"I'm good on pancakes. You know you didn't have to make food".

Kira halts to a stop and chuckles.

He turns to the pan and puts in the sink.

Turning the water on he sings,"I know. But my girl looked like she needed something to eat".

As he washes the dishes you can't help but blush a bit.

First he has professed his love to you, then he saved you, now he cooked for you.

All in a span of a few days.

Kira was a real mystery.

You bite your lip and get up wincing again.

Yesterday's uh tumble had really done a number on you.

You grab a can of soda from your fridge and down it.

As you sat back down Kira had already started scarfing down his own plate of food.

"Kira. You said you would help me right? I need you to explain to me what you meant. When you said that Violet wanted me to die". You say slowly watching him eat and not touching your own food.

He gestures to your plate and you pick up your fork.

"Y/N. I can't exactly tell you right now, how I know about her intentions. But I can definitely help you with Wh- I mean Violet".

You glare at him now.

If there was one thing you hated it, it was when people kept on putting more mysteries on you.

"For gods sake! Look, I need to know ok. I almost got killed yesterday . You keep saying your going to help me and then you don't tell me anything!" You yell now raising your voice and slamming down your fork.

Kira stares at you shocked and gulps down his last bite.

"I didn't mean to make you mad. Y/N, the reason why I can't tell you is because of.. well uh.." He trails off looking very hesitant on what he wants to say next.

What a load of bull shit.

"Ok fine. Keep it all to yourself. But stop saying you can help me then. I have no idea what's going on! I'm so confused and I'm so scared all the time. Then you show up and it's like I'm supposed to just go along with flow! I can't do that Kira!" You ramble angrily glaring at him.

Kira's eyes softened and he reached over to hold one of your hands.

"I know. I know you're frustrated. Trust me, I wish I could tell you everything. But I-"

He's cut off with the sound of the doorbell ringing again.

Kira looks annoyed and mumbles, "If that's Arlo.."

He gets up, giving you a quick, "I'll be right back".

You sat there fuming as you listen to him walk away.

Then something occurred to you.

Kira had said everything

What did that mean?

Was Kira on this whole craziness too?