thirty six

Fear and Feelings 

Fear and Feelings 

Harry Potter was afraid. Athena had been brave enough to open up to him, and we was scared. He knew there was something else she was hiding from him, but that it was somehow worse than this. 

He knew her father was a death eater, but he hadn't known how deep his affiliation with Voldemort was, but this, this shocked him. 

He was not a boy who had led an un-interesting life, he had his fair share of trauma and pain, but  just a glance into the girls life had him insanely worried. 

But more than worry for the girl was on his mind. 

Since they had made up, he hadn't been able to keep his mind off of her. The way she looked when she laughed, the way her eyes shone at him. 

He knew what the flutter in his stomach was every time he saw her, he knew what it meant when his cheeks flushed. 

He wanted to tell her he really did, but he had never felt these sort of nerves before. 

The fear of rejection has always been daunting, but from Athena it felt, different. 

The heat that rose to his face whenever he saw Athena with another guy made his heart drop. He knew he had to get her before anyone else could, but he was just so scared. 

Little did he know the long haired girl was scared of the exact same thing. She knew she made him blush, she knew he made her laugh, but the last time she opened her heart to feelings. 

She watched those feelings die. 

But Harry was different than Cedric, 

Cedric made her nervous, like no one else was able to. He was able to make the cool headed Slytherin sweat.  And he knew it. 

However, she didn't feel nervous around Harry. Of course she was scared of rejection and the embarrassment that would follow it, but being in his presence she was calm. He made her laugh, he understood her. 

Athena felt a pit grow within her stomach and she pushed herself to her feet. 

Albus smiled at the girl.

She sat across from him, eyes haphazardly drifting open. Blinking sleep from her eyes she glanced back up at the headmaster.