The drive

As promised, Jimin and Jin are driving over to Tae's apartment five minutes later; one screaming frustratedly at the red lights and the drivers who don't know how to follow the speed limit. "A CAR GOES UP TO 120 MILES AN HOUR AND I CAN ONLY USE FIVE OF 'EM! PRESS ON THE GOSH DANG ACCELERATOR YOU MOTHER F-."

"Jimin!" Seokjin cut the raging boy off. "Screaming at old ladies who drive under the speed limit will not solve our problems."

Jimin sighed, letting out a long breath and relaxing the muscles he didn't know were pulled so tight. "Sorry," he whispered, loosening up his fingers on the wheel, visibly becoming more calm.

"I'm just scared. What if he's not there? Then what do we do?"

"What do you mean?" Seokjin asked, looking over at Jimin in the driver's seat.

"I mean, what if we can't find Tae? Do we call the police? His family? What if he's there but he's not...you know... breathi-"

"Stop." Seokjin put an end to Jimin's spiraling thoughts. "No. Tae will be fine. He's still alive, everything is going to be okay. We don't know anything for sure yet, but I know he's okay."

Jimin's eyes started to gloss over with unshed tears. He sniffed and blinked them away, unable to let his tears block his sight from the road. "You don't know that, Hyung," he said, voice cracking. "Tae could be hurt. Maybe not physically, but emotionally. He's never actually talked to me about his problems...you know? I don't know what goes on in his head. He's a mystery. What if he finally cracked? Oh god, I just want him to be okay."

Jin told him to pull over to the side of the road before he could release the first trail of tears.

As soon as they were safe and the car was in park, Jimin let out a heart-wrenching sob, hunching over the steering wheel. Hot tears streamed down his face, his hands unable to catch the droplets fast enough. He couldn't stop thinking about the possibilities of Tae's situation. The worst thoughts coming into the forefront of his mind. He just couldn't understand how he had managed to neglect him for a whole week when they were practically inseparable!

Jin, unable to stand the sight of one of his best friends crying, unbuckled his seat belt and leaned over to wrap Jimin in a hug, pulling him off of the wheel.

He pat his back, rubbing big circles and whispering reassuring words while the younger cried into his neck. He continued to comfort him until he had calmed down and his sobs turned into quiet sniffles.

Jin pulled away, looking Jimin in his red, swollen eyes. "Listen to me," Jin started, voice serious but calming at the same time. "No matter what we find or don't find in his apartment, we will find Tae. Maybe not today, but eventually."

Jimin nodded his head. Maybe they were just over thinking it. Tae could just be sick or maybe his phone broke. Why start crying and thinking the worst when you don't even know what happened?

"Let's go," Jimin said, clicking in his seat belt, a new found determination radiating off of him.

No matter what they find, Tae will be okay. Maybe not today, but possibly tomorrow, or the next. They won't know until they check it out for themselves.

——
A/N
First I would like to say thank you to everyone who voted, you made my decisions a lot easier.

Second! I promise this book won't be that angsty. Rest assured Tae is NOT dead. There will be no deaths in this book. I don't roll like that.