08

Anyone, who would have entered the room of the one Kaycee Rice in the morning of January 1st, would have
seen a Kaycee, smiling radiantly in her sleep. And for Kaycee Rice,
she was busy in dreaming about a
certain black-eyed wonder.

For the whole night Kaycee had
many pleasant dreams about Sean
Lew. And this time instead of being
scared or confused of these dreams, she embraced them whole-heartedly.

For the major part of the night she had dreamt about kissing him and
sometimes about dancing with him on the clouds.

"Kaycee wake up." Laura shook Kaycee from her dream slumber.

"What is it Mom?" Kaycee said
groggily. She was a bit annoyed as she was pulled out of her wonderful world of fantasies. She opened an eye and looked at her mom who was hovering over her.

Laura took Kaycee's hand and gently pulled her into a sitting position. She sat next to Kaycee on the edge of the bed, looking at her daughter with an amused look in her eyes.

Kaycee rubbed her eyes and looked at her mom. "What?" She asked sleepily.

"I want to talk to you about something. Ill be waiting for you downstairs in the kitchen. Get ready and come down fast and by the way, Happy New Year." Laura said as she got up to leave. She kissed Kaycee on her forehead and left the room.

'What does she want to talk to me about?' Kaycee wondered.

She pulled herself out of her bed and made her way to the bathroom. After freshening up and brushing her teeth, Kaycee made her way downstairs to the kitchen.

She decided to go downstairs in her sleeping attire only and put on a woolen jacket, as it was very cold. She had decided to take a shower later. She wanted to know what it was that her mom wanted to talk about.

When she reached to the kitchen, she found Francesca sitting there on the dining table and eating her breakfast.
Kaycee made her way in the kitchen
and took a seat in front of Francesca.
Francesca looked up and gave her a look of disdain and went back to her breakfast.

Kaycee ignored Francesca's arrogance and looked at her mom and said "Hey Mom, Good Morning." Kaycee took a toast in her plate and started eating.

"Morning Kaycee," Laura replied.
She joined Kaycee and Francesca on the table with a plate of pancakes. She poured some orange juice in the glasses for Kaycee, Francesca and herself and took a pancake on her plate.

"Where's Dad?" Kaycee asked, taking a pancake in her plate. It was a holiday at the clinic but she didn't find her dad in the kitchen with them.

"He left early morning with Cheuk and some of his other friends, for some kind of adventurous trip." Laura replied, rolling her eyes, remembering something.

"What? Dad on an adventurous trip? You must be joking." Kaycee said with astonishment.

Laura just shook her head. "No, seriously, you should have seen him in the early morning. He was talking non-stop, about his trip with Cheuk.
I think Cheuk is finally bringing out a side of your dad we all including your dad, were unaware of." Laura said with a laughing voice.

"Yeah, I think you are right. Dad on an adventurous trip. I just don't believe it." Kaycee said in a dazed voice, but she quickly recovered.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Kaycee asked, looking at her mom with a curious expression on her face. As Kaycee was looking at her mom she missed the smug look that had came over Francesca's face.

Laura looked at Kaycee with a thoughtful expression, making
Kaycee feel extremely nervous under her stare.

"What is it Mom?" Kaycee asked
again, getting a bit frustrated.