•chapter thirty two •

dating

My eyes peel open and everything comes flooding back to me. Me and Grey. Dating.

I go to get out of the bed, but all of a sudden feel trapped.

I look down to see hands wrapped around my waist possessively. Looking further down I see legs wrapped around mine. While I look like a completely normal person sleeping, Grey looks like a koala and I'm the bamboo.

I turn slightly to see Grey's face. Even in his sleep his face has a slight scowl shown. I run my finger over the lines and smooth them out. His eyes fly open and he catches me.

I retreat my hand and pretend like I wasn't doing anything.

Maybe if I look anywhere but him then he won't notice anything. Staring at the ceiling I hear a chuckle.

Grey can laugh!?

I turn so I can see a smile but it's only a lipped one and there are no teeth in sight.

I frown slightly and go back to looking at the ceiling.

"Good morning." He greets with a little squeeze.

"morning." I say back still looking at the ceiling.

"Look at me." He demands.

I slowly turn my head toward his direction.

"You're so pretty." His voice comes out raspy and his hold sends butterflies not in my stomach but- you know...

"thanks." I mumble. "Can I say something and you won't get super weirded out?"

"At this point what could you say that would scare me off?" He asks honestly.

"I've never dated someone." I meekly say.

"Never?" He asks while moving hair away from my face.

I shake my head and he smiles a lipped smile.

"Good." He smiles.

"Good! Why?" I ask.

"Because you're mine." He squeezes me tighter.

"You are funny. We haven't even been dating for twenty four hours calm down." I joke.

"No."

"What time is it." I ask, ignoring his last comment.

"9:30" Grey responds checking his phone.

"Grey, don't you think your mom is going to go crazy looking for you?" I ask concerned.

"No. It's Saturday and I'm usually gone Friday nights anyway." He reply's gruffly.

"What do you do Friday nights?" I ask genuinely interested.

"Stuff." He mumbles.

"Nice to know." I reply sarcastically. "Are you doing anything today?" I ask

"no."

"We should go to the waterfall! The water is too cold to swim in, but it's pretty to look at!" I beam.

"ok."

"ok?" I ask astonished by how he agreed so easily.

"Thats what I said." He replies. No attitude or tense tone.

Who is this new Grey?

"Ok! You go home and get dressed." I poke his bare chest. "And we will meet at... one o'clock at the treehouse!" I instruct, excitedly.

"Just us." Grey states.

"Just us." I agree.

After a few minutes of pillow talk I convince Grey to get up and go to his house. After he leaves I clean up a little and grab the rag covered in blood. Yuck. I go inside the house and start a load of laundry.

"I knew you were in the treehouse! How was it?" Mom came out of her room in parrot pajamas.

"Comfortable." I blush thinking about last night.

"hm. Thought I'd be cold...I'll make breakfast!" She walks away and rubs her eyes awake.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞