52. Abducted

Ashanti's POV

***
Few hours prior to last chapter...

I stir awake as I hear the front door slam shut.

I groan slightly, knowing that Lamonte's side of the bed is now cold.

He's always quiet when he gets ready in the mornings, but whenever he leaves it's like I can feel it.

I can't make him stay though and I wouldn't want him to. I know how much his company means to him and I would never be the reason why he would jeopardize what he's strived so hard for.

I pick the phone up to dial Ana, knowing she'd be awake by this time. This bitch will go to sleep at 2 A.M. and wake up at like 6 A.M.

I don't understand how she does it.

She answers the phone after the second ring.

I hear giggling in the background before her enthusiastic voice graces my presence, "Hey, best friend!"

"I don't understand how the fuck you this hyper at..." I trail off looking at the clock on my bedside table before continuing, "8 in the morning." Did Ajax go to work?," I ask getting out of the bed to go check on Charliese.

She was still sound asleep with her bottle in hand.

Lamonte always warms my breast milk for her each morning before he leaves out.

I don't understand how I got so lucky to have such a thoughtful, considerate man in my life.

"No, he's right next to me. He called off today," she continues giggling as I hear Ajax's mumbling in the background.

"I was gonna come over, but I don't wanna intrude."

"Ashanti, get your ass over here. You know you always welcome," Ajax says loud as hell in my ear.

"Damn, alright! Imma be over there soon. Make my breakfast," I say softly watching Charliese wiggling in her crib.

"Gotchu!," they said in unison before I hang up the call and pay attention to sleeping beauty.

I get in the shower quickly before she wakes up. Then, I get some warm water in her baby bathtub and kiss her awake.

She opens her big brown eyes and stares at me as if studying me.

I tickle her and she starts smiling and gurgling.

I clean her up in her little bathtub and put curling products in her head full of curly hair.

She looks exactly like her father, all she has is my lips.

I can't be mad though, she's gonna be heartbreaker, just like her daddy, when she grows up.

I dry her off and moisturize her skin before putting a cute outfit on her that consists of some cute denim shorts, a white & black striped tee, paired with white Air Force 1's.

The shoes were Lamonte's idea, not mine.

His exact words were, "I want our baby girl to be gangsta as fuck."

I laugh to myself as I pick up my baby and bring her to my room as I get dressed in some sweats, one of Lamonte's baggy shirts, and a pair of slides.

I admire the rose tattoo on my foot that I got the other day after Charliese was born.

There were red roses going all the way up to my calf and all the way down to my feet with my baby's full name and birthdate. I left spaces in case I have more kids I can add them in too.