↠ 16

Why were people messy? You grumbled to yourself and glared at the group of teens who were on their way out. Or more like you kicked them out. Seriously, they've been there since five. It was now almost eight. You scrunched up your nose at the few napkins that were covered with food stains and one of those idiots had one of the napkins in their glass of water.

Idiots.

Throwing away all the napkins, you took the small dishes to the back. Then, throwing away the food and crumbs away, you carefully put the dishes in the sink to wash later. Thankfully, Homura had a bin in there full of hot water and soap ready for you. It was her payment for when you came to your aid.

You'll admit, it was quite lonely in the restaurant. This was your first time cleaning everything up by yourself. It was mostly Homura who got this punishment after she went a little too crazy with her kills. Going back to the restaurant area with a bottle of sanitizer and a rag, you got to work polishing off the tables. A few minutes later, you were done and now it was time for the counter and laminated menus.

At this pace, you should be done in no time.

And just like that, you finished off. You decided to mop up after cleaning the kitchen. Here you were, washing the last of the few dishes and forks. You hummed a little bit to yourself to keep you company. You could faintly hear Homura fighting with Micahel about something. She most likely stole a hoodie that she thought was hers.

Within the next few minutes, you had cleaned off the stovetops, counters, put the dishes back in their places and mopped the kitchen floor. Almost done! Grabbing the mop bucket and mop, you went back into the restaurant area and started off in the farthest corner. As you were halfway done, you took a small break and looked out the windows. The blinds were obstructing most of your view but you still caught some glimpses of the night sky. And something blocking out one of the stars.

You tensed up as you gently leaned the mop against the counter, eyes never leaving the spot. Who was that? You knew that the building had a fire escape on the side so it could possibly be some angst teen up there? You were conflicted. It could have been some random person watching the stars or another ghoul!

Another heartbeat passed and that's when you realized, it was most likely your enemy.

Whoever it was figured out that you were watching them now. They probably couldn't tell because of the blinds that sort of obstructed their view. Then they seemed to back up and that was your cue. You took off to the door, gratefully you took off your apron after your shift so you wouldn't have some obstacle in your way of running.

Like a cheetah, you darted across the road and scaled up the fire escape. Once you landed on the roof, your eyes searched everywhere. It was empty except for the small building which had a door that lead to the inside of the building. Quietly, you made your way over and hopped on top of it.

Your heart pounded against your ribcage as the figure who was on the rooftop slowly went back to the ledge where they were before. They were dressed in all black and you were ready to kill. A smile lit up your features and you could feel your eyes turn into the familiar look ghouls had. The kakugan.

You could also slowly feel your kagune ready to burst free. Ready to rip this stalking ghoul into shreds. You were ready until a breeze passed by and your body froze. The smell that hit you was not a ghoul at all. You blinked furiously and then your body wasn't as tense anymore. Then who the hell was up here?

"Agh, I hope she didn't see me." The unknown figure spoke and that voice was honestly familiar. "I can't believe I'm an idiot!" The figure cried out. "Stupid cat for scaring me like that! Ugh, how fast did I even get up here?"

The figure continued to rant about how they climbed a four foot story building because a cat scared them into doing so.

"I guess I'll give the notebook back tomorrow." He sighed and went to the fire escape to get down.

Ah, you must have forgotten your notebook at their apartment. You most likely had dropped it when your phone flew out of your bag. You probably didn't even realize it once you saw the messages on your phone. Now, you had to make sure Seokjin got home.

He managed to get down by himself and was happily walking down the sidewalk. Geez, for being so preachy about not going alone because of that incident, he was happy. He should have at least gotten someone to walk with him! You rolled your eyes but continued to follow him on the rooftops. Seokjin was singing quietly to himself and even from up above, you could tell he liked singing.

And he needed to hurry up.

Rei would soon know that you weren't there and you'd probably have to clean by yourself tomorrow too!

Seokjin continued at his leisurely pace and it was infuriating. You could already imagine that you're cleaning the restaurant again. After a few minutes, he finally arrived at his apartment building. Thankfully, the interior lights were bright as you saw him go into the elevator. At last!

Now you had to get back to work. You rushed quickly back home and once the restaurant came into view, you paused as you jumped down onto the street. Eyes darting around, you rushed across and opened the door. For the second time that night, your heart leapt into your throat. You felt your breath leave you in an instant.

There at the lip of the door was a white envelope. It was blank and you stepped inside, shutting the door. You glared at the blank envelope and curiously opened it. There was a single piece of paper with the infamous logo that you had grown to hate.

A bare tree who lost its leaves painted in a dark red.

You let out an angry sigh and then recoiled back from the smell. It was not paint. It was blood. By the smell of it, it was delicious but seemed to be at least a couple of days old. There was just a single sentence written at the bottom;

Get ready to be killed.

hope everyone is safe during this time! c: take care of yourselves! 💚