005. THEODORE LAURENCE

THEODORE LAURENCE
YOU

THEODORE LAURENCE didn't hear Penelope's none-stop knocks at his front door

THEODORE LAURENCE didn't hear Penelope's none-stop knocks at his front door. The commotion of the March sisters' presence too much for him not to focus on anything else. With Jo admiring the book collection in the study, to Amy looking at the beautiful paintings. Penelope was fed up with waiting. Ethel finally caught up to her daughter who had ran out of their carriage, she rolled her eyes- ringing the doorbell. Penelope shot Ethel a look. Ethel smiled back.

"I didn't know that was there," Penelope huffed. A few moments of Penelope tapping her foot impatiently later, Mr Laurence opened the dark mahogany door.

"Ethel!" A grin appeared on Mr Laurence's face. Penelope smiled at their exchange, but her patience slowly dwindling. "And Penelope, don't think I didn't see you there," He hugged her lightly. Remembering her from when she was a young girl, only up to his knee.

"I just have to say goodbye to our guests, but please come in," Mr Laurence lead the two Brooks girls through his estate, "Penelope are you joining us at the luncheon?"

"Oh no, sir. I actually came to speak with your grandson- Laurie?" It came out as more of a question.

"Ah, of course, he's just through here-" Mr Laurence opened the study door, allowing Penelope and Ethel through, "With the March's"

Penelope's face lit up when she saw Jo. She was looking at a tall bookcase. Penelope knew that Jo would've passed out in their family library. An entire room just dedicated to literature, Jo and Tobias would get along well.

"Girls, I would like to introduce you to-" Jo turned to look at Mr Laurence and the two new presences in the room.

"Penny!" She exclaimed.

"Okay then," Mr Laurence shared a smile with Ethel, "Shall we?" He held out his arm, Ethel and him biding everyone a goodbye.

"What're you doing here?" She asked, dragging her back over to the bookshelf.

"I was trying to find you, my mother is going to a luncheon Mr Laurence- I remembered Laurie from the dance," A big smile on her face. Her heart swelling at Jo's grin.

"You're a little investigator aren't you Penny?" Meg spoke up, standing over with another man who Penelope had never seen before.

"You remember my sisters from this morning?" Jo looked over at her sisters spread around the room, "And that's our mother Marmie,"

"Very nice to finally meet you, Penelope," Marmie gave Penelope a wink. Had Jo spoken about her? Penelope's heart raced at the thought.

"Thank you, you too," She offered Marmie a small curtsey.

"Oh, aren't you a charmer?" Marmie curtseyed back.

"Are you-" Jo watched the exchange between Penny and her own mother, "Stop curtseying! That's my mother, not The Queen of England,"

"Oh Jo, stop being such a wet-mop-" Amy turned, looking at the painting she was holding from another angle, "Penelope has class... Unlike you," Amy shot Jo a pointed look. Penelope's eyes widened, her looking down at her shoes. Laurie watched how Jo still had her arm linked with Penelope's, his chest sank. Insecurity creeping in.

"Amy, why don't you try shutting your mouth for once in your life?" Jo bit back.

"Oh says you, Jo!" Amy put down the painting.

"Okay, I think it's time for us to go," Marmie, helped Beth up from her seat at the piano, "Will you be joining us for supper, Penelope?" Marmie looked over to her and Jo, the two still linked at the arm.

"Oh, I wouldn't want to impo-"

"Of course you're staying for supper!" Jo almost looked offended.

"We'd be happy to have you," Meg looked over at Penelope, a genuine look on her face. It warmed Penelope's heart. All of the March's eyes were watching Penelope with intent. Her mouth open a tiny bit with shock.

"I mean," Penelope looked to Jo, "I'd have to ask my parents, but" She looked back, a smile on Amy's lips, "I would love to,". A large eruption of chatter sounded out in the Laurence's study. Oh, we're so glad you're staying Penelope. We could show you our play, Jo wrote it! Beth could play the piano for you, she is amazing! Hannah will love having another person to cook for, she just adores the company. Penelope felt content.

( TAG-LIST )
silverfalcons, jbassettt, mannequinn25, georgesmlths, neplutos, softlyiridescent, -icyblood + rxvenclxaws

if you would like to be added to the tag-list, comment here

if you would like to be removed from the tag-list, comment here