040

There is a saying that goes, "Never poke a sleeping bear." and that's how I felt about how I approached my father to get KJ's charges dropped. As the next few days passed, I was expecting a vicious bear attack on one of us.... but nothing.

It's been suspiciously normal and quiet around the summer household. Ebony and KJ have been arguing about names for the baby, Aunt Toya has been teaching Brianna now to cook and mom's been spending a lot of time with her new "friend" Quincy and since everyone has been preoccupied it has given Dash and I a bit more time for one another.

A couple of romantic dates and a trip to our local dog amusement park with King and Quinn since she's been out of the hospital. The two of us also went from having sex a few times a week to everyday now, Things have been improving drastically.

I also made big moves with the building for the club, I've gotten the repairs done on the building, it's being repainted and new floors put in this week. All that's really left to do is decorate: DJ booth, couple of stripper poles like KJ requested, a bar stocked with alcohol, a few other things and to name it.

As everything began to come in to place I was finally feeling like I could kick back and relax for once.

I was curled up on the couch in the living room with King by my feet and Dash sleep on the other end of the couch. I was watching the Tiger King and even though I promised Dash if he fell asleep I'd pause it, I just couldn't stop watching it

"Joe Exotic is a monster but Carole is a demon huh King?" I looked down at the dog who excitedly began wagging his tail because he was getting attention. He crawled himself in to my lap and since he's gotten a lot bigger it's been a bit harder to enjoy this position with him. "Okay, okay, you're hurting mommies lap."

"Kimani!" KJ's voice could be heard from the top of the steps and he continued to bellow my name as he made his way down followed by a waddling Ebony.

"What? What's wrong?" My eyes darted frantically between the two, I knew the peace around here wasn't going to last long. "Is it mom?"

"What? No!" KJ shook me off before continuing. "Tell me this isn't a dope ass name for a boy.... Kilo Curry Sumner."

"You are not naming my nephew after drug Kilo's and steph curry and nobody cares that he's your favorite basketball player "

"Thank you!" Ebony chimed in "now, my name for him is Courtney Johnson Sumner."

"Courtney? Why not cut out the middle-man and name him kick my ass?" A yawning Dash added in as he began to wake up.

"Told you that was a corny ass name have the kids picking on my son for being named Courtney."

"We are not naming my baby Kilo!"

"How about naming him shut the fuck up cause I'm trying to watch Netflix." I gave the two of them a questionable look.

"I'm telling him that his aunt said that about him." Ebony pouted snd crossed her arms over her chest and her arms were able to sit on her stomach like a table.

"You didn't pause Tiger King?" Dash questions. "What the fuck babe ? Betrayal."

KJ and Ebony were still going back and forth between Kilo and Courtney while Dash was spouting off about how upset he was about my Netflix betrayal a loud knock on the door caught all of out attention.

"Who is it?" I called out as I made my way towards the door.

There wasn't an answer but the sound of jingling keys indicated that whoever was on the other side lives here.

I opened the door expecting to see Aunt Toya or even Brianna since she stole my keys but it wasn't neither of them.

"No welcome home daddy ?"