3:Hanging Around

Short chapter

Diem's POV

It's a nice day out today. But what kind of outfit nice.

Dress? Light sweats? or the normal jeans and a shirt? maybe I should ask my friend.

"Hey, Alexa? Pick a number between 1-3"

"Your random number between 1 and 3 is 3"

Great, now time to decide what combo to do. I look around in my closet until I find the perfect outfit. Well no the perfect outfit. It wasn't like red carpet perfect or Olivia perfect. Or even perfect period. But I guess it will make due.

God, I don't even have the outfit on me yet and I already think I'm going to look bad in it.

I quickly slip on the green top over my sports bra and replace the shorts I was wearing with my black jeans. After I get dress I slip on my white high-top converse before standing up and looking myself in my mirror. Should I do make-up today? No, who would notice it anyway? I decide to be simple and only put on mascara. I brush out my hair and put it up in a ponytail.

I leave my bathroom and head down the hall. I look down at my phone and realize that I don't have any messages. Normally I wouldn't think much about it but my dad was out late and he didn't message me at all about it. I decide to brush it off my shoulder and head out the door to walk to school.

I take out my earphones and play my Spotify playlist and before I knew it,I was off to school.

---------------------------------------------

One good thing about having no friends at lunch is that you can explore the school.  I do it every day in the hope to find someone who does the same thing so that we can become best friends and be there for one other and grow up and have our own kids, they would grow up together and they fall in love...

But that never happens. I always am stuck alone by the end of lunch, school, and the end of the day. I walk out of the hallway and walk over to the garden area and find a tree. I love trees. I used to climb them all the time when I was younger. I walk up to the tree and layed my bag on the ground before hopping up and struggling to get in the tree. I boost myself up and sit up in the tree. This is nice, I like this spot. It's vacant, quiet, and kinda hidden since no one even really knows we have a garden at this school.

I should probably finish my English paper since I still have some time before class. I lean down to grab my bag but it's too low. I lean over a bit more and I slip. My legs are looped around the tree branch and I'm hanging upside on the tree. After the feeling of blood rushing to my head has gone away, I forward and am meet with dark grey eyes

"Whatcha doing"

"Oh you know, just hanging around"

He looked unamused.

"I meant, whatcha doing at my spot"

"What" my legs suddenly gave out on me and I fell to the ground. Well almost fell. Dalen had caught me before my head hit the ground and was now holding me by my waist while I was upside down. In a way, you could say we were 69ing

"Are you deaf or something? I said-"

"I know what you said, what do you mean this is your spot, this is the school's garden and I don't see your name on it"

"Doesn't matter, it's my spot" He places me on my feet and walks towards the tree and swiftly climbs in it, and leans against it with one of his legs propped up and the other one hanging off.

"But I was here first" I bend down and grab my bag

"Well I'm here now"

"Where are your bodyguards" they usually are in a pack