𝐈𝐕. "𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞."

-"JULIANA! SCO!" BLAKE SHOUTS

-"JULIANA! SCO!" BLAKE SHOUTS. He had been able to rise out of all the dust and rubble first. He dusted himself and began to search for the others.

Juliana heard him calling, and raised her arm up in the air. Blake saw it, and made his way towards her. He moved around some of the debris that was around her. When she was  found, she sprung up from the ground and threw her arms around him.

"It's alright. Come on now, let's look for Scho." Blake says gently as he helps her rise to her feet. She was too frightened to speak, and nodded instead.

"Sco! Sco!" He calls out. He listens for a response. Juliana utters a cry of relief as soon as she hears muffled screams come from under a pile of rubble. The two rush over towards him and immediately pull the rocks that've fallen on him off. They dig frantically, Juliana prays silently that they find him soon. The first two attempts to dig him up, resulted in nothing. They yelled out his name in despair, as they pulled apart the earth in vain. It wasn't until Schofield's screams ceased that they were able to find him.

When they did, his mouth was open wide, and filled with white dust. He laid still, as if he had given up the will to live. Blake's and Juliana's eyes start to prick with tears as they vigorously shake him. It was too early for anyone to die.

Blake leans towards his face and starts to wipe away the dust. After he does this, Will heaves into life. He coughs, his breathing is ragged and all over the place.

Thanks be to God.

Thought Juliana, who was equally as overwhelmed as Blake with the hole situation. They continue to dig up the rest of his body, their fingernails soiled with dirt and dust. The area around them starts to crumble, and they hurry along. As soon as they uncovered his body and limbs, Blake helps him stand.

-"Come on Sco! Get up! Come on!" Juliana encourages him. He's clearly in shock and white dirt is caked on his face.

Blake and Juliana continue to speak words of encouragement as they help Will to his feet. His body shakes during the process. Being an emotional person, Juliana had to fight back the urge of breaking down. Seeing him scared the way he was, saddened her deeply.

-"STAND UP!" Blake shouts through gritted teeth as he and the nurse were finally able to help him up. They then hear creaking, and turn to see timber falling around them.

-"It's coming down!" Juliana yells over the groaning of the wood. She grabs Will's right hand, while Blake goes for the other and together they drag/push Will into the tunnel.

-"You keep hold of me!" Tom yells to Schofield. He doesn't respond but tightens his grip on Juliana's hand, and his hold on Tom.

They race through the tunnel, white chalk-like dust falls from the ceiling, and the earth around them groans.

Schofield coughs up any dust that's entered his mouth as he hangs on to Blake who hurries on. Juliana had picked up her pace and was at Schofield's heels.

"We need to kept moving. Come on!" Blake yells to the two behind him. Adrenaline rushes through Juliana's veins as she feels a burst of energy course through her. She helps push Schofield along, as he was slightly starting to lag behind.

-"I can't see! I can't see!" Schofield cries out in horror. He runs ahead aimlessly, only holding on to Blake to lead him forward.

-"Stop! Stop!" Blake shouts frantically. He's kicked a bucket during his pursuit and he hears it fall into an opening in the earth.

"Stop it's a mineshaft."

Juliana looks around. Her chest heaves up and down as she tries to control her breathing. She and Blake look for a way around the mineshaft with alert and wide eyes.

With no other choice, Blake announces that they'll have to jump. He gets a running start before leaping over the hole. Schofield tightens his grip even more on Juliana's hand.

"You're going to have to jump! Just jump!" Blake urges to Schofield from the other side. Will shakes his head vigorously.

-"Come on Will! Trust me." Juliana whispers into his ear. She wasn't going to do it, unless he had gone first. That way, she'd be keeping her promise on making sure that everyone was safe.

-"I can't see- I can't see!" Will repeats. His voice filled with fear and anxiety. His breathing just as out of hand as Juliana's.

Blake shines his torch on the other two and Juliana can see his face more clearly. His eyes stream with tears and debris. She had to choke down a sob that almost escaped her mouth.

-"You need to trust me. Jump!" Blake yells. He's determined to get all three of them out of there. Keeping his promise, that meant a lot to him.

Schofield inhales deeply before letting go of Juliana's hand. He leaps forward and lands on the other side. Blake grabs him just as his foot slips, almost sending him into a pit of eternal darkness.

Juliana doesn't hesitate to linger behind them. She gathers the skirt of her dress for freedom of extending her legs, and jumps. As soon as she lands, she grabs hold of Will's hand, and Blake pushes on. Schofield clings to him as they race forward.

-"Don't let go of me! Don't let go!" Tom instructs, and Schofield shakes his head, as if to say "I won't."

Juliana wasn't able to see what Tom was seeing, but she trusted him wholeheartedly to get them out of there. He turned quickly at a fork in road, as the tunnel behind them started to collapse.

"Light! There's light!" Blake yells them. Joy lanced in his voice. This plants a seed of hope in Juliana's heart as they run harder than ever.

They all scramble towards it. Eager to be free from the darkness that surrounded them. Light begins to flood to the tunnel, and soon enough, they're standing in it.

———————————————Found this gem while watching an interview on YouTube of our man George

———————————————
Found this gem while watching an
interview on YouTube of our man George.