Chapter 27

Furiously, Jenna went back to the common room to find Sirius, but the room was empty except for a group of third years who were staying behind for Christmas break, and Alice and Marlene.

     "Well? What did he say?" Marlene questioned.

     "He said he had no idea who did this to him," said Jenna, dropping herself on an armchair.

     "By the way," Alice started. "Lily laid out something causal clothes for you to wear for the train ride. You better change out of that dress."

     "Yeah, alright," Jenna nodded, walking back upstairs. 

     Afterwards, the girls finally made their way towards the carriages which could get them to the Hogsmeade station. Jenna hadn't noticed just until then that it had started to snow.

      Jenna shook her head with a grin as she saw that Marlene had faced her head upwards and had opened her mouth, letting the snowflakes fall into it.

     But her grin disappeared when from afar she spotted James, Sirius, and Peter walking towards a carriage. Remus was already gone with the other prefects.

     Jenna turned her palms into fists angrily as she made her way over the three boys. Alice and Marlene called after her, but she didn't seem to hear them.

     When she reached them, without a moment of delay, Jenna took a hold on Sirius's shirt's collar and dragged him away, catching him and even his friends off guard.

     When they were far away from everybody else, Jenna glared at him and said, "What are you playing at, Black?"

     "What do you mean, Kitten?" he grinned down at her casually when she let go of his shirt.

     "You jinxed Clint, didn't you!?"

     "I certainly don't know what you're talking about," he said, still grinning.

     "Don't try to play me, Black! Because you can't." Jenna snarled. "At first you come and dance with me, then you corner me and say all those – stuff – and then you go and jinx Clint!"

     "What stuff?"

     "The – the stuff that you told me last night!"

     "Hmm... I don't recall anything."

      "You – you – Ugh!" Jenna groaned loudly and without even glancing at him again, she turned on her heels to go back to her friends again.

"Oh, and Jenna!?" Sirius called after her, causing her to turn around sharply.

"What!?" she snapped.

"Don't forget my promise," he said and so with one last wink, he walked away and towards James and Peter.

     Jenna turned on her heels angrily and rejoined Marlene and Alice, cursing him under her breath.

      "What was that all about?" Marlene asked as Jenna got into their carriage.

     "Never mind," said Jenna grumpily, looking outside the window at the winter day as they started moving.

***

Jenna spent the majority of the train ride in silence as she found herself unable to get Sirius and his stupid words out of her mind, and she kept cursing him over and over again.

By the time they were halfway through their way, Jenna had decided that she despised Sirius Black. And nothing could now change her mind.

     Jenna was usually the one who stroke up a conversation, to which Marlene would say something stupid, then Lily would scold them all, and Alice was the one left giggling.

     But seeing as Jenna had chosen to remain quiet through the whole ride, Marlene was busy eating sweets, and Lily was patrolling the corridors, Alice decided to try and take matters in her own hands by asking the most random questions.

     "Okay, I've got another one," said Alice brightly. "What's one thing that you're so good at doing, that you can do it even with your eyes closed?"

     "Easy," Marlene shrugged with a grin. "Sleeping."

     Alice groaned miserably to herself. "I miss Lily."

     "But I think it's Jenna you should be missing right now. She's the one who's far off gone." said Marlene, causing Jenna to look up at the mention of her name.

     "What?" Jenna questioned, not having heard what they were saying at all.

     "What's gotten into you, Potter!?" Marlene asked sharply.

     "Just thinking," Jenna shrugged.

"I don't buy it!" Marlene snarled. "But I'll figure out what's wrong with you soon!"

     "Well, that's easy," Alice said dreamily, giggling like she knew something important which nobody else knew.

     "What?" Marlene and Jenna asked her at the same time.

     "Isn't it obvious?" Alice looked between them.

     "Apparently not," said Marlene, "or we wouldn't be looking at you like this." Even Jenna was curious as to know what had gotten into herself in Alice's opinion.

     "I – I thought you knew," Alice frowned, confused.

     "Knew what!?" Marlene asked demandingly, louder this time.

     "Jenna's in love, of course!"

     "What!?" Marlene and Jenna said loudly at the same time.

     "Is that true!?" Marlene jerk her head on Jenna, looking at her as if she had convicted a crime. "I thought you were over Lupin!"

     "I am!" Jenna said and then turned on Alice. "I don't like Remus like that anymore, Al. I mean, I'm not completely over him, but I won't go after someone who has clearly told me that he doesn't want me to be with me."

     "Who said anything about Remus?" Alice mused, catching the other two girls off guard. "You didn't love him in the first place, if you ask me. I mean, not really. It was just a long lasting crush."

     "Then – then who are you talking about?" Jenna raised a brow.

     "Well, if you don't know it yourself, then I'm not gonna tell you either," said Alice and then hid her face behind her book before muttering, "I swear, you're just as dense as Lily when it comes to romance."