Chapter Thirteen

Charlotte exits the car, holding a tight grip on Bryan's hand. He gently guides her to the stairs to board the plain. Allowing her to go first, he playfully pats her butt, causing a squeal to leave her lips.

Charlotte looks around at the beautiful interior of the private jet. It's a sandy tan color, and there are several seats with tables, and several seats that look like they're in cubicles from an office.

"You May sit anywhere you like, it's an 18 hour flight, so if you ever get uncomfortable, these" Bryan gestures to the seats on the right side. "Turn into beds, and I had them bring you some comfortable clothes, and slippers. All of that is located in the bathroom at the back of the jet. We will also be having lunch and dinner on the plane." He says rubbing her back softly, seeing the worry and fear in her eyes.

Charlotte gives him a small unsure smile, but chooses to sit in one of the cubical type seats, quickly fastening her seatbelt. Inside her own private "cabin" she has a t.v, a fold out table, she's able to adjust the lighting of her "cabin". Charlotte starts exploring her space, opening cabinets, she finds some pens and a note pad in one cabinet, a eye mask, pillow, and blanket in another. She picks up the remote that lay next to her chair on a small shelf, pressing buttons and waiting for the reaction within her "cabin." First the lights dim, the t.v retracts into the cabinet, and then her seat starts to lay down. Bryan watches her explore almost as if she was a child.

"Even though I told you to get comfortable, you have to stay upright until the captain tells us, ok?" He says grinning, leaning on the door to her private "cabin".

"Would you like a drink, or a snack?" A voice asks softly behind Bryan, causing Charlotte to peak her head around him.

Standing there she sees a tall woman, with beautiful red hair pulled back into a high bun upon her head. Her fair complexion riddled with freckles. The woman smiles at her. It was obvious she was the flight attendant for the jet.

"My name is Alyssa, it's nice to meet you Charlotte." Alyssa speaks, coming around Bryan and extending her hand.

"It's nice to meet you as well." Charlotte says gently shaking her hand. "Could I please just have some juice? I'll take whatever you have, but would prefer Apple."

"Apple juice for you, and Bryan for you, your usual captain and coke?" She asks looking up and Bryan, waiting for his response.

Bryan gives her a nod before she looks away. Charlotte sits up her seat, nervously looking at her hands. Bryan crouches down, gently resting his hand on her thigh.

"What's wrong char?" He asks softly. His thumb rubbing her thigh softly.

"H-how did she know my name?" Charlotte asks, chewing roughly on her bottom lip.

"I told her who my additional passenger was, she was the one who picked out the clothes for you. She has been my flight attendant for 5 years, Alyssa will do you no harm." He says reassuringly. "She knows your story, and got you some additional things to make you as comfortable as possible on the trip home."

Gently Bryan lifts her head, making her look up at him before running his thumb on charlottes lip. "I promise I will protect you."

Alyssa softly clears her throat, standing behind bryan with a silver tray. "I have your drinks, and I brought you a charcuterie board Incase you got peckish waiting on lunch." She says gently. "I don't mean to overstep, or eavesdrop, but I apologize for scaring you." Alyssa says as she gently places charlottes glass of juice on the shelf next to her.

Bryan gently takes his mixed drink and charcuterie board from the tray before placing it on the table across the aisle from Charlotte.

"Im sorry for thinking that, I'm just still adjusting." Charlotte says embarrassed.

Alyssa rests her hand on charlottes shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze. "Recover is hard, but things will be ok." Alyssa says reassuringly before walking away.

A ding comes over the speaker system. "Alright everyone, we are clear for take off, please get seated, and buckled so we can be underway to California." The captain gently says, his voice soft, yet stern. Almost as if he was making an ASMR video. Bryan looks at Charlotte before buckling his lap belt.

"If you get scared. I'm right here." He says, giving her a small nod.