Episode 2-4: Magic Corruption

"Hyaaaa!" Glory shrills as she blast her light towards the ghost.

"Eeeeek!!!" He shrieks as he disappears to the air.

Afterwards, Glory and her friends pant heavily before turning their heads to the headmaster.

"There, done. Task complete!" Glory declares.

"Oi, headmaster! Talking about blot and fighting ghost have nothing to do with each other!" Grim scolds.

"For once...I agree." Glory pants while frowning at Crowley.

"Aah well done, my child. You and your comrades certainly kicked their butts." Merlin compliments.

"Tsk, asshole! You and Crowley left us beating them on our own!" Ace retorts.

"It's called a lesson for a reason Mr. Trappola." Crowley reassures him.

"Grim, take a good look at the magic crystal around your neck." Crowley instructs.

"Eh? Whoa!" Glory gasps when she saw a speck of overblot on Grim's jewel from his collar.

"Ffgna!? There are some weird blotches on my crystal!? I can't wipe them off with my paw!" Grim shrieks. Glory leans closer to his collar where there is a smudge of blot on the crystal.

"So these are blots?" Glory asks curiously.

"Indeed there are, my sundrop. That's how blots are created when using magic." Merlin informs.

"There should be black smudges that look like drops of ink on the crystal. Those are the bolts created from using magic." Crowley explains. Then Deuce lets out a gasp.

"If I look close, there's small smudges on my magical pen as well...!" Deuce mutters.

"Blegh, it's so dirty!" Grim gags looking disgusted with the black smudge on his crystal, but Merlin lets out a jovial chortle.

"Oh, oh, oh, oh! Silly raccoon, it won't be on your collar or pens for long except for you, sundrop since you don't have a pen. However, it'll just go away for a minute." Merlin reassures. Glory then turns to her floating mentor.

"So it will go back to normal?" Glory asks curiously.

"Why yes, my golden flower child." Merlin replies making Grim sigh in relief.

"I'm relieved! Pew."

"With enough rest, the blots will vanish in a matter of time. Magical crystals don't only help with performing spells, but they also prevent blots from accumulating directly within the caster. They are truly a wonderful item that can shoulder your burdens." Crowley explains.

"I see. So you mean that if our crystals start to darken we need to properly rest." Deuce acknowledges.

"That's right. Eat well, sleep well and normal blots will disappear on their own." Crowley instructs.

"Huh, good advice tip Crowley." Glory compliments with a grinning folding her arms.

"How 'bout that!! Then when I become the greatest wizard ever, I can fire off spells like 'bang! Bang!' with no problem!" Grim cheers.

"I always eat my fill and sleep like a rock." Grim points out making Glory roll her eyes and grin.

"The amount of mana a person has varies from person to person but aside from very special cases, the difference doesn't really affect the maximum blot a person can tolerate." Crowley points out.

"What does that mean?" Grim asks.

"That means, people like Rosehearts, who have a lot mana, have to be exceedingly careful about how much blot they are accumulating." Merlin explains.