Dreams and reality

............................................

She stood in front of the mirror staring at her reflection wondering just one thing
"What makes you beautiful?"

And to her surprise, she heard a reply that made every 'it' thing around her burn in jealousy.

"The very fact that God has made you"
................................................

He sat at the table eating his breakfast when he saw her enter.

Looks like last night was not enough.
She still looked angry.

Her soft hand banged on the hard table and he looked up at her surprised.

There was a brown envelope in her hands and he sighed.

"Just let me finish my breakfast first"

He said ignoring her presence and enjoying his waffles.

"Are you serious?"
She said rolling her eyes at him and taking a bite from his plate.

"Are you serious? That was mine!! Go make yourself a new one!"
Ashton said glaring at her with irritation.

She moved her hand to take another bite when he pulled back his plate.

Ignoring his childish behaviour she sat at the seat next to him and stared at him eating his chocolate waffles.

"You love waffles?"

He didn't reply, instead, he kept eating them fast so that she doesn't take them away from him.

"Don't tell me a cold person like you can like something so sweet! I mean even your coffee is black with no sugar!"

"You don't know me well then"
Ashton said moving aside his plate fully satisfied.

"So what is it? I only have 15 minutes or else I will get late for my meeting"
He said looking at his watch and tapping his fingers on the glass table.

She placed the contract papers in front of him

"What is this?"

"What?? This? Can't you read yourself?"

"Ashton come on!! I am serious"

"See Elle everything is written down there...I don't think I need to explain to you anything except for apologizing to you"

She waited for him to continue.

"Okay!! I am sorry for not telling you, I thought you won't understan-"

"I still don't understand"

"Just let me complete for once women!"

She nodded listening to him silently.

"You already know I was not ready to marry you, Dad was forcing me and I couldn't say no to him.
He threatened me with my lineage and I had to do it.
But still, there was an escape ...I know it was not very ethical but still, it was the only way out.
If we marry for a year, till then dad will transfer everything in my name and I could divorce you later."

"So you mean to say you couldn't even give this marriage a try? You wanted a divorce since the day we got married?"

"See Elle you don't understand....all my life everything I have done is on my father's choice.
He controls everything I do even when I am fully capable.
I just wanted a beautiful,elegant...smart wife to be proudly called mine.... someone I feel in love at first sight, someone who takes my breath away and I feel....I feel like at top of the world when I am with her .....but again I never got a choice. He liked you and the very next day I was told to meet you."