52 // Great Aunt Flo

The sound of rain hitting the windows wakes me up, wondering what that constant tapping sound was.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Harry greets, standing next to the french doors that lead to the balcony, a mug in his hand. He wore a fluffy, purple dressing gown with the hood up.

"Is it raining?" I ask, even though the sound of water hitting the roof and windows made it totally obvious it was.

"Nope," Harry says, "the sprinklers are getting revenge for us running off last night."

"That was so cliche on the Universe's part," I say, sitting up and stretching my arms out. "It was a total High School Musical moment."

"I guess I have to get you a necklace with my initial on it then," Harry smirks, striding over to me.

"I guess so," I joke back, shrugging.

Harry sits down on the edge of the bed, obviously thinking about something. Soon enough, his head perks up, a smile on his face.

"You wanna do something fun?" Harry asks hopefully.

"Sure, what do you have in mind?"

"Window shopping," he suggests. "There's a whole street full of just little gift shops and stuff we could visit. Would you be up for it?"

"I mean, yeah that sounds fun." And then, as if right on cue, a sharp pain rips through my stomach. It felt like I had just been stabbed with the dullest and most ragged knife to ever exist and it made me want to cry out in pain, but I kept my cool. Instead of screaming bloody murder, I felt my face twist in discomfort.

"Are you alright, hun?" Harry asks, seeming genuinely concerned.

Quite literally digging my fingers into the spot where I felt the most pain, relieving the cramping briefly, I nod vigorously. "Yeah, I've just got a slight stomachache, that's all."

"Anything I can get you?" He offers, standing up quickly. "Water? Food? Oh, maybe you're hungry! There are a ton of snacks downstairs, I can go get you some."

"As much I'd kill for some cookies right now," I say, still considering the idea of snacks in my head, "I feel a little too sick to my stomach to eat right now. Thank you though."

"Always." He shrugs, smiling simply. "Just know, if you ever need anything, I've got you."

I smile at how considerate he was. Always so thoughtful. So...boyfriend material.

"Thank you, Harry."

"No, I'm being serious," he says quickly, sitting back down on the edge of the bed, but this time closer to me. "No matter what it is you need, I will get it for you. Food, water, someone to cry with...a fucking house! Whatever it is, I will get it for you."

I sigh. "Again, thank you. But you don't need to do anything for me."

"But that's the thing," he continues, "I know I don't need to do anything. I'm going to do it because I want to, not because I feel obligated to."

Harry was so incredibly sweet. I mean, first of all, he brought me along on his vacation to the Caribbean. Then took me on a late-night walk on the beach—then ended up getting soaked by sprinklers. And now here he was, saying the nicest things any man has ever said to me. The men in my family, not only included but especially.

"That's very sweet of you, Harry," I say wholeheartedly, smiling simply.

* * *

Hands together, fingers intertwined, Harry and I walk down the side of the street, looking around at all the cool clothing and souvenirs the small shops had to offer.