Chapter 2:

Shay Diaz
Fiji, turtle island

"And nobody knows where I'm going right?" I asked as I finish zipping my bag.

"no only me and you." Xavier said, Xavier made some calls and got me into a rehabilitation in Atlanta.

"Okay now what?" I asked as I grabbed my bag.

"go through the back door there will be a black truck waiting for you from there, they will take you to the airport and a Uber will take you to the rehabilitation center." He said as he gently grabbed my shoulders, I sighed and nodded.

"I'm scared." I said.

"you got this Shay I'll come by and check on you every week okay." He said and I nodded and wrapped my arms around him.

"thank you Xavier." I whispered.

"go don't come back home until your ready." he said and I hugged him tightly.

***

I made it to Atlanta the next day I was exhausted from the jet lag but I made it. I hesitated at first I could just start a new life here change my name get a new phone number and be happy but then that would mean leaving kaia and I can't do her like my mama did me i'd be a hypocrite I would never want to put my child through what I went through even though I know she's gonna be well taken care of. I walked inside the building and straight to the desk.

"Hi are you visiting anyone?" the clerk asked.

"I'm signing in my step dad said he handled everything?" I asked.

"name sweetie?"

"Shay Diaz."

"Okay you're in, can I have your cellphone, any medication, sharp objects?" She asked.

"I don't have any medication or sharp items but here's my phone." I said while handing it to her.

"okay great, thank you shay you cooperating is the first step of a healthy life." she said with a warm smile and I nodded. "Quinn help ms. Diaz please." she said.

"can you hold onto this." I asked as I handed her my engagement ring.

"I mean I can but you know your allowed to keep it." she said.

"what's your name?" I asked.

"Mary." she said.

"well Mary this is another step for me if I want to get better so just keep it safe for me." I said as I pushed it towards her.

"okay." She said.

"I'm Quinn I'll take you to your room can I get your bag?" she asked and she grabbed it and I followed her. "So shay this is the main living room it's where everyone comes to socialize watch tv basically extracurriculars." she said as she started showing me around and I looked around. "if you ever want fresh air there's actually an exercising group you can join and they do nature walk yoga things like that there's even a gym I highly recommend that." she winked and I did a small laugh.

"how can I get out of here?" I asked.

"It's not complicated that people make it out to be you just have to pass the drug test every week and be clean for approximately six months and your free to go." she shrugged.

"oh okay."

"your step dad actually got you one of the most expensive rooms here the single so your lucky no roommates." she said as she unlocked the door and I just looked around she opened the door it was tiny but enough room for one person. "Breakfast is at nine lunch is at three dinner at ten but cafe is always open." she said as she put the bag down on my bed.