EPISODE 22

19/11/2019 - Tuesday- At T Nagar.

Shiva's P. O. V:

" I haven't seen a bigger idiot than you! " Karthik said.

" Yeah, you are " Hari joined him.

The interns pretended to work and not look at me, but they were smiling with their heads down.

" Don't you guys have some other work to do? This is office time! Why are you shouting at me? " I asked them.

" That girl deserved a better answer from you. She damned cancelled her trip and accepted to be here. Trust me, no girl would ever do that. " Karthik said.

" I know that she deserves better! " I said.

" How can you be so ignorant? Really, do you really see her in anni image? " Hari asked.

" No, bloody I don't. The minute she told the truth, the image was long gone. She suddenly became the girl I met on that hostel. " I said stuttering.

" Then what's the issue? This is your last chance at having something close to real dating in your life. And that girl, chose you " Hari said.

" That's the problem Hari! The things she did for me! , she choosing me is not something good for either of us! " I said.

" This is confusing , do you like Anjali? " Hari asked .

" No, I don't " I said.

" What is your fucking problem with Aparna? " Karthik asked.

" I can't give her hopes! That's my problem! " I said and placed my head over my palm.

Hari and karthik sat down near me.

" What are you saying? " Hari asked.

" Playing with someone's feelings is not the right thing. And especially not hers. The truth is I can't break my engagement at any cost! My family will be much more broken. I would cause more damage than my brother. " I said.

" But you can't decide for her " Karthik said.

" But I can make her get out of whatever ideas she had. This is the best thing for her. I am not the right choice. Even if I had hurt her yesterday, it was necessary. The only way she would give up was if I tell her that I can't break her image as my sister in law! That's was my only choice! " I said.

" So, giving her hopes of something bigger is the problem? " Hari asked.

" I don't want to disappoint her. Me agreeing to go out with her, to even try something, might have a bigger impact on her than me.

It is a sin for me if I do something like that with her, even after knowing that I won't break my engagement. Aparna is a person, not something without emotions. "I said.

" You really wanted to have a chance with her. You were running after her. What happened to your wish? " Hari asked.

" Dead maybe. " I said. I can't tell them that I do something to break something, two people have blackmailed me of suicide. I can't do anything than this.

Hari hugged me and I side hugged him.

I did want to go out with Aparna, until I saw the message from Anjali that night.

I talked with Rajiv about Aparna and cut the call. Anjali had been trying to call me. She sent messages instead .

" At 11 o clock in the night, who are you taking to?, I hope it's not a girl. "

I rolled my eyes and looked back at the phone. I wasn't in the mood of texting her back. She sent a reply again.

" Shiva, I am scared. I have this feeling that our engagement will not happen. I don't know what I will do.