Chapter 10

I don't really like this chapter much to be honest but oh wells. I'm trying my best to update regularly guys, I swear but it's awfully hard right now. So I do apologize if I can't update any time soon. 

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this chap despite it's choppiness. 

.

.

.

Chapter 10

Samuel looked down at the little girl. 

A small smile light up her face when she saw him but he made no motion to smiling back. 

All he did was just give him a simple blank look before looking up at the man beside her. He knew of the importance that this man is holding over his life now. For now, he and his mother were dependent on this man.

"Antonio." His mother greeted the man with a kiss on the cheek. 

"Alessandra," the man responded. 

She looked down at Samuel with a smile, love shining in her eyes. "This is Samuel as you have already know." She combed through his hair softly and turned back to the man. "I hope you will be able to treat him with the same love as you do with your biological children."

He had missed the bitter tone in his mother's voice and miss the frown that made a nest on the man's face. 

But what he didn't miss was the way the girl looked at his mother with fear shining in her eyes. 

He instantly detested her.

The man nodded his head and knelt down, becoming eye to eye with Samuel. "How old are you son?"

"Thirteen." Samuel replied quietly.

The man smiled softly at him and brought the girl forward. She tried to move behind her father's legs but he kept her in front. She kept her head downcast.

"Ashley." The man said in a warning tone.

"Hello." she looked up and looked back down again, not meeting anybody's eyes.

"She sure has grown since the last I've seen her." his mother said. Samuel looked up at his mother and saw hatred swirling in those eyes of her. A feeling that he has never seen on her face. "So much like her mother."

"She has inherited nothing from her father." Antonio joked but Samuel could hear the bitterness that seeped through.

"Hm."

Samuel looked back at the girl again and he grimaced. 

She was too shy. 

This is going to be easier than he had expected.

"Why don't I show you your rooms?"

"Please."

Samuel walked alongside his mother as they walked into the grand house. Samuel has never been in a place such like this and he looked around the place with awe. Excitement coursed through his veins at the discoveries that he could make in this house.

"Ashley, why don't you show Samuel his room while I give Alessandra a tour of the house." he had the man say softly to the girl.

"Yes papi." she replied back obediently. She turned to Samuel. "Follow me, please." she said meekly.