Chapter Nine

Ian pulled up at in front of her apartment building and turned the ignition off. They sat in the car awkwardly, none of them not knowing what to say or do next.

“I really had a great time”, Abigail spoke first just when he was about to say something. He paused and smiled.

“I had a great time too, Abbie”, he said, and they sat in awkward silence again. He thought of making a move, but thought against it, it's way too early.

“I think I should go inside”, she smiled nervously

“Yeah, it is really late. It's a even way past your curfew”, he joked, and she laughed softly.

He then got out of the car to open the door for her. He put his hand out, and she took it before helping her out. As soon as she was out, not being able to help himself, he closed the door and pushed her onto her back and leaned to claim his lips with hers.

The feelings of having his lips between hers was electrifying, sending instant shivers down her spine and butterflies erupted in the bit of her stomach. His lips were warm towards hers as they moved in sync and his grip tightened around her. To him, all of this seemed like a dream he didn't want to wake up from, the last time all he could ever do was to imagine being close to her, hold her close to her and kiss her rosy pink lips. He better not be dreaming.

Abigail liked this. She liked how he kissed her, gentle at first, but it intensified with seconds as she had to hold onto him like her life depended on it, either that or she would fall weak to his feet. Having his body pressed onto hers.

But then, in a split of a second, Austin's face flashed before her eyes and she withdrew from the kiss abruptly. Leaving Ian's dark eyes staring at her, clearly confused at the sudden loss of contact.

“I can't do this. I'm sorry”, she said before she pushed past him and ran into her building.

“Abigail”, he called out as he ran after her, but it was too late

Ian couldn't stop thinking about her. The way she ran off last night was just...so confusing. He didn't understand. He tried to think of why she ran off, but it wasn't something he could figure out in his own, and now she wasn't answering any of his calls or responding to his messages. It drove him nuts. He just wanted to take his car keys and drive to her apartment so that she could maybe explain why she's pushing him away. He couldn't deny it, he was slowly but surely falling for her.

“Ian?”, he felt a hand on his shoulder

“Yeah?”, he peeled his eyes from his phone to see Luther's eyebrows knitted at him. Luther chuckled a little, seeing his friend looking so puzzled.

“Are you okay dude?”

“My guess is, it can only be a woman”, Ryan walked back to them from the kitchen with a packet of chips in his hand. They came over to watch a football match at Ian's penthouse. It was their thing, their time to hang out and rewind after a long week they all had.

“How do you know someone is ghosting you?”, Ian turned to Luther, who twisted his lips to the side, thinking of a way to approach his question

“I told you it's a woman”, Ryan reached his own conclusion as he sat down

“Is she ignoring your texts and calls?”, Luther accepted a bottle of beer from Ryan

“Pretty much, yeah”, Ian looked at his phone again, still nothing from her

“Then that's how you know she's ghosting you”, Ryan chipped in as he handed Ian a soft drink. Ian sighed heavily as he took a huge gulp from the can in one go.