yellow latex dress

This day needs to end right now like right this moment. First it was that awful group assignment. Who in the hell thought it was okay to put me in a group with the wicked witch of Irissmith and king douche bag. I know you're supposed to see the best in people, but those two can turn a saint into a sinner real quick. Freaking Mr. Walsh. The only upside to this whole ordeal is that I get to work with Nile. Then lunch was a bust filled with Marco talking to me about my dress for homecoming, which I haven't gotten yet. Honestly I'd wear a trash bag just to piss him off. Freak it I'm skipping my next class.

"Hey Lex you want to leave?"  I ask her as she stuffs her books angrily into her backpack. I think everyone is just over this damn day.

"Please! Wait since when does miss perfect cut school?"

"Shut up and let's go."

Grabbing our jackets from our lockers we made our way to the back exit. This is the only exit that if you stand at a certain angle the camera will not catch you. Marco being my student guide taught me something. Lex runs ahead of me her blonde hair following behind her. I laugh because she's running like a crippled antelope. The cool October air hits us and for some reason we feel way happier than when we were inside the school building. Lex is at my car before I can unlock it so she jumps around pouting like a four year old. Again I say "ladies and gents this is my best friend."

"Where do you want to go?" I ask Lex who is scrolling through her phone aimlessly as we pull out of the parking lot. When my question goes on answered I pinch her.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"Answer my question!"

"What did you want to know?"

Rolling my eyes "Where do you want to go stupid?"

"I do not appreciate your tone of voice, nor your violence, and lets go to the mall duh!" She says still scrolling on her phone.

"What are you looking at?"

" The schools homecoming page. I think Beth runs it, but it updates frequently letting everyone know whose going with who. The occasional crazy girl puts her dress on the page so no other girl gets the same dress as her." She said never breaking eye contact with her phone. "Kendra is wearing a yellow latex dress. Um that's not even cute."

"Lex stop being mean." I tell her trying to hide the laughter.

"It's not mean its honest."

The rest of the ride to the mall is pretty chill with a Beyoncé sing a long or shout a long. The parking lot of the mall was pretty empty and to a driver this is paradise. Snagging a front row parking spot we run into the mall. Since school is still in session the mall is not totally crowded.  I love the smell of mall. I know that's weird, but I just like the new clothes smell. It makes my nose tingle. We run to the first dress store and I can feel my dad's bank account screaming from the prices in this place.

"Honestly Lex I don't even want to look nice for homecoming." I say.

Lex's head move from the tulle dress she's holding to me. Looking at me as if I have seventeen heads.

"What the crap is you talking about? This is homecoming, and you have a date!"

"But my dates Marco." I say holding a white lace dress.

"Even though you're going with the loch ness monster it is still an excuse to get a new dress and look hot." Lex says once again back on the phone. She seemed to be comparing a dress she was holding with a picture on the phone.

"I don't want to look good for that jerk."

Lex is silent, her eyes staring angrily on her phone. I guess someone has the dress she wants. I am still holding onto the lace dress trying to convince myself not to try it on. Lex still has not spoken and it has been awhile.