Chapter 14

Finally, the sun rose above the horizon, casting natural light across the forest. The soft rays hit the pinkette's hair, making it a brighter hue of pink. She turned her head to the boys and caught the Hyuga staring at her. Her eyebrows furrowed, suppressing her blush from surfacing as she bit the insides of her cheeks.

His lavender eyes followed her when she jumped down from the tree she was occupying. She snapped when she stood in front of him. "What?"

His lips curved into a flirtatious smirk. He too, got up to his feet and stood face to face with the girl. "Beautiful." Was what he said.

"Ugh." She grunted and hid her rosy cheeks from him.

He stepped closer and bent down, closing the space between their faces. When they could feel each other's breaths, he stopped to grab her chin and pulled it to him. Her eyes widened and closed it shut, the dust of pink on her cheeks grew a deeper shade. She hated what was coming, but she anticipated it. Much to her disappointment, he only blew her lips which sent a tingle down her spine.

She pushed him away with a punch from embarrassment. All these while, she had casted aside her negative opinion about him and he took the opportunity to toy with her!

The boy felt no guilt and she watched him smirk triumphantly. "Disappointed that I didn't kiss you?"

"Fuck you." She snarled.

"Language, Haruno-san."

He was getting on her nerves.

Little did they know, they were not the only ones who were awake at the time. He decided to pretend he did not hear anything and got up. "What's will all the ruckus? Let's wash up and start looking for gemstones."

They two obeyed, knowing the priority in hand. Sasuke continued to fish for the team's breakfast. They ate quietly while Sakura was still mentally fuming about the incident from before. Meanwhile, Sasuke was feeling gloomy the entire time as thought he woke up from the wrong side of a bed. Neji suspected as such, but he spoke no word about it. He could tell what the Uchiha had in mind. After all, they were both quite similar in taste.

As soon as they were done, their search for gemstones began with their little tigers following them.

"Guys, this way."

Sakura had prepared her cherry blossom trackers ahead of time and immediately sensed three ninjas who felt a little odd. They were ninjas from the village hidden in the grass.

As they got closer, they peeked from the bushes. One of them looked really creepy and something about her was very odd. The three prodigies exchanged glances.

"Her chakra greatly exceeds a Jounin level." Neji whispered with his Byakugan already activated.

"We must be cautious when fighting that woman." Sasuke said.

Sakura shook her head, "This is too weird. We must inform the examiner!"

The boys thought for awhile before agreeing to the girl. Nothing about it felt right.

Suddenly, the grass ninja called for them. "Hey, done whispering?" They nearly jumped.

It was pointless to hide now; clearly, the lady was much stronger than the three of them combined. They exited to the clearing and met the foreign ninjas bravely. Their eyebrows furrowed and glared at the ninjas who could potentially bring them trouble.

Her two teammates charged for them, but neither put up much of a fight. They were finished off fairly easily.

"You are quite good..", the lady spoke with a smile that sends a chill down their spines.

In a blink of an eye, a gigantic snake appeared from the trees and attempted to attack the three Genins. Luckily, they were quick to respond. Those prodigies grabbed their cubs and hid far from their opponent.

Sakura knew something was very, very wrong. She immediately took out a blank scroll and write about the imposter with her blood as she did not have any writing equipment in hand. So much for packing. The scroll was tied around Sumire and the tigress was ordered to bring this message to any Jounin she could find. Raimu and Aka accompanied her to protect the important scroll. While waiting for back up, the team will be responsible to keep the lady here.

The pinkette inhaled a deep breath, "You guys ready?" She was definitely nervous, especially after the fight she had with Kisame. Something told her, this person they are facing will be stronger than he.

"Always."

"Hn."

They arrived at the place the lady was last seen and there she was expecting them.

"I see you put your little pets away.."

"Shut your mouth and fight." Sakura shouted with her katana in hand.

Neji and Sasuke both charged, Sakura followed closely. Although it was 3 versus 1, the grass ninja dodged their attacks swiftly.

"Get back!" Neji ordered his teammates. They obeyed and watched Hyuga's legendary gentle fists.

"Eight trigrams: 64 palms."

Everything felt like a blur, it was too fast for Sakura's eyes to register; but Sasuke saw everything with his Sharingan. He hopped into the fight to aid his teammate. He aimed for the back of their opponent and used a flame charged kunai to stab him. The attempt was a success, but it does not seem like it caused enough harm to bring the woman down.

==

Dedicated to XXxCRAPxXX for commenting on my stories! Hope you enjoyed reading!

If you're a K-Pop fan, please show support for my separate account: Joelleeeee_ I've recently created an apply fic, so feel free to check it out and drop a request of your own character! So far I've published one-shots for BTS, MONSTA X, GOT7, SEVENTEEN, EXO and BOYFRIEND. NCT is still in my drafts.

If anyone would like to drop a piece of fanart of this story, drop it here anytime: joelleapeno@gmail.com or @joelleapeno on Instagram.

~Joelle

Published: December 2014Rewritten: 8 May 2018

Rewritten: 8 May 2018