Working Hours

Warning!! Military time/24-hour clock is used. If you aren't familiar with the 24-hour clock, after 12:00 (noon) the hours number continue to go up.

1:00pm would be 13:00
2:00pm would be 14:00 and so on

At midnight (12:00am) the clock resets to 00:00

Enjoy!

You and your husband both worked. You worked from eight in the morning to later hours of the afternoon for five days a week while your husband tended to leave thirty minutes or so later than you. He would often stay at his job late into the night. However, on some occasions, he'd come home before you.

Nevertheless, him coming home at a reasonable time was a rarity. You would always leave him something to eat, whether it be take-out or some of your home cooking as you were usually asleep around the times that he came home late. Your husband did the same for you when you get stuck with overtime. He would even stay up and wait, something which worried you but also made you feel special at the same time.

On one particular day, you were the one that had to stay in late. Of course, that wasn't an infrequent occurrence, but it was the beginning of what your husband called "a close call".

You had stayed at work to finish an important document for your supervisor. She would have stayed with you to help but she was dealing with some pulsing migraines all day and you insisted that she go home and rest.

You wanted to turn in the document before midnight, which you successfully did with time to spare. You honestly thought you would be stuck in the office for way longer, happy that you were wrong. By 21:15 exactly, you had finished proofreading the document. At 21:21 you had said your goodbyes to the guard outside of your work building.

At 21:39 you had reached your street. You had driven a little bit over the speed limit, but it wasn't enough to get pulled over. You got home by 21:40 and you shoes off by 21:43.

By 22:30 you were all snug in your husband's strong arms.

The big jump in time in the middle of all that was just enough time for a relaxing shower with him—a particularly hot and steamy shower that is.

Now that doesn't sound like too much. It was actually a pretty normal and uneventful day and it felt like that because on your end, it was; but on your husband's end, it was everything but.

At 19:30, Edgar was due to speak to someone who had their gaze locked on you for a concerning amount of time. The man was an IT guy at Edgar's father's company, the company you happened to work for. The man had hit on you multiple times and Edgar had seen him do it, watching over you via the security cameras in the guard's station.

Edgar couldn't help but make sure you were safe when you were outside the house. You had a tendency of being too kind, never saying no, and letting people walk all over you just because he knew you found joy in being nice to others. He knew you could stand up for yourself, he had seen you do it a few times and he trusted your capabilities to stay safe but...

He knew people didn't take you serious. When you tried to be abrasive, it was the visual equivalent of a puppy growling.

So when he saw the large, sloppy, oaf of a man speak to you, touch your lower back with his grimy hands, and talk down to you like you were inept when it came to working a simple computer well... it just sent Edgar into a insatiable rage. And he knew it bothered you too, not because of him hitting on you—no you were too oblivious to notice—but because you had taken a class about working with computers and troubleshooting issues with said computers and the IT man was treating you like a old woman who was only familiar with dial-up.