C H A P T E R 5

° ° °

Jungkook raised an eyebrow when he saw how Lisa's eyes widen. And he knew why.

He turns to the blonde man and mustered up a business smile. "Mr. Kim, what a wonderful surprise."

Seokjin smiled back. "What a surprise indeed, Mr. Jeon. What brings you here in Melbourne?"

The brunette threw dagger looks towards him as she waited for his answer.

A corner of his mouth lifted. "Business matters. You know, the usual." he replied before drinking his champagne in one go. Putting back the empty glass on the table after.

Lisa's eyes narrowed at him but she stayed quiet.

Business matters my ass. You're here to kill my boss, bastard!

Seokjin turns to her. "So you two know each other?" he asked, referring to her and Jungkook.

Once again, her eyes widen. "No!"

Lisa bit her lower lip. She was anxiously praying that her boss didn't hear their conversation just a few moments ago.

Seeing her panicking eyes, Jungkook casually came to the rescue. "We just bumped into each other, actually."

She looked at him and he just winked.

"Is that so?" Seokjin looked at her to make sure if it was true. She nods, of course.

Her boss's hand went to her back. "Then I would like to introduce to you my assistant, Jae Manoban. Miss Jae, this is Jeon Jungkook. The Vice-Chairman of Jeon Empire."

Lisa sighed in relief. Thank God he didn't hear their conversation.

Jungkook took her hand and planted a soft kiss on her knuckles with a playful grin. "What a pleasure to meet you, Miss Manoban."

She forced a smile and tried her best not to punch his smug face. "The pleasure is mine, Mr. Jeon." she said in gritted teeth.

Just then, the classical music was replaced by the emcee's voice that blasted through the speakers. Catching everyone's attention.

"Good evening everyone. The auction will start in a few minutes. Everyone shall take their seats. The dinner will be served on your table."

Mr. Kim clasped his palms together. "We better take our seats then. Mr. Jeon, please join us."

Jungkook nods, still holding her hand. "Sure."

Her boss smiled and made his way to the tables. Lisa was about to follow him but Jungkook pulled her hand, making her almost trip but he was fast to held her waist.

"What the hell, Jeon?!" she irritatingly hissed, pushing him away. But he was strong.

The man chuckled. "Want me to tell your boss who you really are?"

She glared at him. "Let me go, you prick. You're gripping my bruise." she uttered, looking down at his hand that was currently on her waist.

He loosened his hold, but he didn't let her go. "Serves you right for being a stubborn girl."

"I told you, I'm not gonna let you hurt Mr. Kim." she stood up and they stared at each other's eyes. "Not even a single scratch."

With that, she escaped his hold and went to her boss.