25. Take it Slow

"You sure you can take it from here?" Taehyung asks as you stumble up the front steps of your house.

     "Mhm, just please grab my bags." You grab the key that used to belong to your Koenigsegg.

After checking on what used to be your favorite car, you found that none of it could be salvaged. But you did grab one of your most prized possessions out of the glovebox. A gold handgun that was gifted to you by your parents. It was the first one they ever bought you, for your own protection, they reasoned.

     Walking into your home, the smell of cookies and other sweets fill your nostrils, making you stomach growl. Who the fuck... it's probably Jenue.

     Quietly, while the guys still grab bags from the car, you sneak towards the kitchen on the tips of your toes, and as you ever so slightly peer into it, you're faced with the back of a man that stands near the island. "Holy fuck! Put your hands up! Unless you want me to shoot!" You pull the gun from the pocket of your baggy sweatpants, but have a hard time cocking it. Shit.

     A pristine white plate the potential assailant was holding falls to the ground as he throws his hands up, shattering on contact. The shattering sound causes something to stir in you, and it feels as though you're a fish out of water as you gasp for air, crumpling to the floor and rocking slightly.

     Maybe we shouldn't go, I was warned...

     As you speed down the road in your car, you feel as though something is completely off. "You okay, Y/N?" Jimin lowers the music, your passengers facing you with pinched eyebrows, worry drenching their features.

Pushing the terrible feeling down, you pull a wide grin on your face, trying to convince not only the guys, but yourself too. "Mhm, yeah, just turn up the music!"

"Alright, if you say so," Jimin tries to smile, reaching and turning the knob on the stereo. As the song ends, Jam Jam starts to play.

     "Oh god, I love her!"  Jungkook shouts.

     You giggle, looking in the rear view mirror at the man. In your peripheral vision, there's a flash of light, or maybe a glare of light off of something reflective. What was that?

     Trying to shake off the unnerving feeling prickling under your skin, you choose to ignore whatever you saw. Until the sound of an engine revving hits your ears, just a few decibels above the music that's blaring in the cars.

     "Was that Jin?" You yell over the music, looking in the rear view mirror at the pair of headlights that follow your car.

     "Huh? I didn't hear anything..." Taehyung answers, shaking his head.

     "Me neither," Jungkook adds, going back to singing.

     "Y-Yeah, okay." You try and settle into your seat, still unsure. You've learned that your suspicion is usually right, but now you have seven men to protect you, ready for whatever.

     "Baby make me be sweet, baby make me so sweet, baby!" You sing along, not holding back from belting the chorus.

     The sound of glass shattering hits your ears, and then something else does. Excruciating pain. You scream in sheer agony, hands going straight to your neck where you feel the stinging and aching. You feel the dampness. The sticky, thick dampness.

"Fuck, Fuck, Fuck! I-I should've- I should've trusted m-my gut! I was so s-stupid!"