Prologue

Ayanna's POV

Stepping out of my Airbnb, I took a breath of the city air.

Malmö Sweden.

I had planning this trip for years. Ever since I watched that video of Simon and Martina in Malmö, I wanted to go there.

Something about the place called me. And me being the most logical person I knew, was baffled.

For everything I did had a reason.

But this.

This was an impulse.

A whim.

I'd been saving for this every chance I got. And being a girl, a solo trip ABROAD came with a lot of terms and conditions from my family.

"YOU'RE A GIRL! How can you travel alone? You haven't travelled a lot around your country in the first place! How can we be sure about your safety and that you can manage yourself?"

"Well you want me to be independent and learn to travel and I won't know how to do any of that until I get to actually do it will I?" I replied nonchalantly

"Hah! How dare you talk to me like that!? I won't tolerate this disrespec-"

And at that, I zoned out. There she goes again, on and on about me being disrespectful when I was just stating the facts.

My dad had no problems though. He gets me. And he knew I was making valid points. So he just gave me an encouraging smile. One that meant "she'll come through"

Nevertheless, I persisted and continued to annoy them till I got permission.

This conversation continued for months, till my mother finally caved in and then it turned into her fervently giving me tips and snippets on how to stay safe and how I should always be alert and the same old lecture about how no one will take care of me but I should be able to take care of myself.

So here I was, taking care of myself, miles away from my family, wearing a hoodie, coat and jeans with my sneakers, cause the only thing that mattered in life was comfort.
.
.

Ayanna's description
Get to know her a little better before we 🎶Begin~🎶 hehe

City of origin- a tropical coastal city.
Eye colour - brown
Skin colour- warm brown. Not too dark not light either
Body type- Not skinny. But the perfect BMI for her height.

A/N
Hi hi! How did you find this? In this vast sea of fanfictions and random books on wattpad? Was it fate? Or a COINCIDENCE? LOL I'm sorry if I'm cringe but if you read this and are willing to stick around, thank you! This is my first book of any sort, but I assure you I've read a lot of stuff, I dabble in poetry and short stories from time to time and I have a lot of daydream storylines so I think I have a knack for this sort of thing. If you all have any ideas, let me know!
Thank you again!