F I V E

"... and if you gonna let me down, 

let me down easy." 

FIVE: SNOOPING IN & LABOURED BREATH.

IT WAS WHEN I strolled out of Walmart, I saw him. Theodore Raymond. 

He was standing at the entrance of the most ravishing hotel in NYC, Millennium Grand.

 A professional smile with mechanical aura was plastered on his face as he shook hands with a bald man with a height of more than 6'5 if I am not wrong. Rich Armani suits covered both of their frames. After their formalities, he walked down the massive stairs, covered in red carpet as golden light glowed from behind. This suited him, the richness and professionalism. 

I too got in my car as the ideas were added to my head and a delicious plan brewed within. A smirk made its way up my lips as I pressed the accelerator. 

The watch showed 10:47 and my gut feeling said he would be going home. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he had women to pleasure or friends to attend. But, my conscience made me follow him. 

His white SUV was parked in front of a two storey building and trust me when I say I wasn't surprised but overwhelmed. After seeing his office, I definitely expected this, if not more but the homely atmosphere drew me in without second thoughts. A dense plantation was cast behind the house, making the house stand out. 

I climbed up the marble stairs and in front of me stood a massive steel door. There was a code meter and my brain sweated at the thought of how to break in. 

I looked closely at the numbers in the black Glass plate and there were fingerprint circles on three digits-0,1 & 9. And the other numbers looked like they haven't been touched for years, for the plate was shining like diamonds. 

I went in ascending order and then in descending but I gained no profit. Obviously, he wouldn't put anything so easy and random. A flashback memory hit me that told that the room number of his personal office read 901.

Typing carefully when my breath came out ragged, it made a 'Tick' sound and the steel door gilded open. Heaving a victorious sigh, I stepped in and held my breath, not making a single noise. I internally thanked myself for not wearing stilettos. At Least it wouldn't make the sound of a jumping footfall. 

To say that the hall was massive will be an understatement. There was a heavenly chandelier hung on the ceiling illuminating the room. I tried not to ogle at the furniture which looked all modern and classy. 

To my right side was a glass table with fruit baskets and cutlery but not a single soul was out. Strange, but good for me! My research told that he didn't live with his family. 

The spiral staircase took me to the first floor which I had already looked at from the living room. The small porch had a double chair sofa set and then it diverged into two ways- one to my left and other straight. 

Taking the left one first and deciding to take the other one later, I walked across the dimly lit alley with ancient-looking full wall paintings and vases placed tactically, as they complimented each other. It led me to the only room in front of me. 

The door was open partially and a fluorescent light shadow was cut when I peeped inside. The light sound of water running could be heard, so I barged in and exhaled the air which I didn't know I was holding. 

The front wall was not a wall actually. It was covered with sliding glass windows from foot to the ceiling, cornered with deep blue silk curtains. There were a series of awards and trophies placed thoroughly planned. It wasn't rocket science to guess I was in the right room.