21 || All Mine

To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya

THIRD   POINT   OF   VIEW

Mirabelle raced right over to the Cullen household, not answering any of the questioning looks as she snatched the large box from Alice's waiting arms. She didn't even greet her eagerly waiting boyfriend when she stumbled over to the center of the living room. The packaging was pretty roughed up from its long journey here. There was an unnecessary amount of tape cocooning the thing. 

At some point, Rosalie offered to just rip through its exoskeleton before Mirabelle ended up breaking a nail. It took little less than five minutes for it to be un-mummified and the garbage to be discarded. The first thing that all of them were allowed to see was a worn-out leather jacket with the words 'THE LAST OF THE GREATS' stitched beautifully in yellow calligraphy. 

The words encircled the image of some maiden with her privates covered by green snakes, fiery swords in each of her hands, and a crown of thorns sitting on top her long flowing locks. It was a beautiful image; especially, when it was complemented by separate patches on the sleeves and chest area. 

Mirabelle smiled lovingly at the article of clothing. "Back in Phoenix, I have a group of friends. This was our crew jacket." 

"It's beautiful," Alice complimented, already in love with the retro-styling. "Good to know you had friends that had some sense of style." 

"Am I the only one surprised you even had friends." Rosalie jested, earning a light-hearted smack to her leg from the smiling Swan. 

Mirabelle started pulling all sorts of things. Most of them were cheap trinkets that had a lot of sentimental value. Alice, Jasper, and Rosalie inspected each item carefully. This was the first time they were seeing a part of Mirabelle's past. She didn't like talking about it, and for good reason. But from what the were seeing, there was something good back in the desert she once called home. 

The very last thing she pulled out was a picture frame with a card attached to it. She read the card first. There was a small note and signature from everyone. More or less they all said they missed her and was hoping she was having better luck in rainy Washington than scorching Phoenix. 

The picture was of the entire crew posing in front of the hood of Val's car. They liked to chill at an abandoned gas station that was off the highway in the middle of nowhere. It was quite the drive, but none of them minded. Looking at the stars, the empty sea of sand, feeling the wind running past their hair, made them feel free. Plus, it was the perfect place to drink illegally. 

Val had Mirabelle wrapped under his arm while as they sat on the hood; Jurney and Quinton were doing a similar pose but squatted down next to their feet. Benni stood behind Val and Mirabelle with her arms spread out, a bottle of beer in each hand. Kain leaned against the side, looking cooler than he ever had. 

They were all still a little banged up from the fight only a day before. Mirabelle remembered bargaining with all of them to let her get out of bed for the photo. She was tired of being treated like glass. The only way she knew how to breathe again was to get out. So they did just that. All of them wearing their jackets - looking absolutely badass.