17

"Ow," Colby whispered.

                "Hm?" I asked, sitting up.

                "Babe, I love sharing a bed again, but you are certainly used to sleeping alone," he replied.

                "Huh?" I asked, still partially asleep.

                "You just slapped me in the face," he said, laughing.

                "Did I really?" I asked, joining him in laughing.

                "Yeah, kind of really fucking hard," he said.

                "I'm sorry," I said, barely able to get the words out from laughing so hard.

                "I would be pissed if that had been anyone but you," he said. He rolled over and enveloped me in a giant hug, quickly planting short, sloppy kisses all over my face.

                "Stop!" I giggled.

                "I will do no such thing," he replied.

                "Nessa! Colby!" Sam called from downstairs. "Do I hear you guys? Are you awake?"

                "Shh, don't tell him. I don't want to get up," Colby whispered.

                "Lazy butt," I said. "Yes Sam, we're up," I yelled back.

                "Will you guys come downstairs?" he asked.

                "No!" yelled Colby.

                "Be there momentarily," I called.

                "Nooo," Colby groaned, rolling onto his stomach and putting his pillow over his head.

                "How on earth did you make it through school having to wake up every morning way earlier than this?" I asked.

                "It involved a lot of yelling from my mother and the threat of making me walk," he said.

                "So if I yell at you, you'll get up?" I asked.

                "Oh god, please no. I shouldn't have told you that," he said.

                "Well if you'd just get up, I won't have to yell," I said.

                "Fine," he sighed dramatically, getting up. I walked over to our closet and grabbed one of his hoodies that he'd left in there. "We should just donate all of your clothes. You seem to only wear mine." He walked into the closet and reached over me to grab a pair of sweatpants.

                "But yours are so comfy. And they smell good," I said.

                "Hey, I wasn't complaining. It's adorable as shit," he said. "And when you're wearing my clothes, your ass won't hang out."

                "Hey! My butt stays relatively confined within my clothing selection!" I said.

                "The hell it does," he laughed, walking into the bathroom to change his pants. I traded out my t-shirt for his hoodie and switched out my leggings for some shorts.

                "See? I can't even see your pants," Colby said, walking back out.

                "Yeah, but you also can't see my butt," I said.

                "Would I be able to if you weren't wearing the hoodie, though?" he asked.

                "I... okay, well, let's go downstairs now," I said, grabbing his hand to pull him to the door.