The Reveal

-Thea-

I stretched out, hitting something with my hand. I shot up and saw Dad fast asleep next to me.

The events of last night came flooding back to me like a tsunami.

Immediately I felt embarrassed about having created such a ruckus with my silly nightmare. I laid back down and studied my father.

Was he regretting taking me in? Did he think I was a burden? His eyes popped open and looked at me staring at him

"Whatcha doin baby girl?" He asked seemingly amused.

I smiled and poked his nose making him burst out laughing

"You're an odd little girl." he says tickling my stomach.

I giggle and snuggle closer to my dad. He wraps his arms around me, stroking my hair.

I can't remember a time when I felt so comfortable with someone. I felt like nothing could hurt me when I was in Dad's arms.

"I'm glad you're feeling better sweet girl." He whispers in my ear before kissing my forehead.

He squeezes me tighter but I let out a cry feeling a searing pain in my ribs. He lets me go and looks at me with concern.

I curse myself for not being more careful Now He's gonna find out and he's gonna hate me.

"Whats wrong Thee?" He reached for my face but I pulled away. I slid farther from him and awkwardly sit up and face him.

"Nothing. I'm okay." I said quickly before hopping off the bed and making a beeline for my room.

"Thea! Wait! Come back!" Dad calls after me.

I ignore him and keeping running to my room but before I make it there, someone caught me in their arms

"Whoa whoa. What's the rush kid?" Alex asks me.

I try to pull away but he was so much stronger than me

"Hey calm down. It's okay." He says giving me a concerned look.

Dad comes out of the bed room and goes right to me

"Baby what's the matter?" He asks gently.

I shake my head and try once more to pull away from Alex.

They share a look and Alex picks me up and carries me to the living room.Fat tears fall down my face in heavy streams and I'm chocking on sobs.

Alex sat down on the couch and sits me on his lap, whispering calming things to me.

The rest of the boys heard the commotion and came into the room and watch as Dad sits beside Alex and reaches for my T-shirt.

I start to cry harder and try my best to push his hands away but in the end, Hayden holds me hands away from my stomach, rubbing them gently.

Slowly Dad lifts my shirt, revealing my black and blue ribs. I hear collective gasps which sends me into absolute hysterics.

No one says a word. I feel Alex tense up underneath me and Dad looks so angry. Now they hate me. I knew they would.

"Who did this Thea?" Dad asks surprisingly calmly. I don't answer as I'm still crying so hard breathing is getting difficult.

Dad notices and take me from Alex's arms into his own. He holds me as if he's afraid he could brake me. Or like I was already broken. He rubs my back until I manage to calm down enough to talk. All the boys are still looking at me

"Where did those bruises come from?" Alex asks gently

"M-Mom and s-stepdad." I whimper out. Beau looks sick while Drew and Greyson look angry.

Hayden looks so sad and Alex is a mirror image of him. Dad hugs me like he never wanted to let go. Like he would lose me if I wasn't close enough.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart. I'm so sorry." He whispers in my ear

"Why are you sorry?" I sniffled genuinely confused. 

"Because I didn't protect you. But from now on I will. We all will."

A tear slips down his face and just as he did for me, I wipe it away before of falls. He grabs my hand and kisses it

"You really are too sweet you know that?" I smile weakly at him.

"Are you okay? Do you need pain killers?" Drew asked gruffly.

I was a little surprised seeing as he hadn't spoken a word to me since I had arrived. I shook my head

"I took some before bed and I have some time before I can take them again."

Alex turns to me now looking confused and upset.

"Where did you get pain killers from?" He asks. I shrink a little into Dad

"Uh from a-I brought the f-from home." I stutter nervously.

"And you just been taking them on your own?" He huffs

"Well yeah." I'm confused "Is that bad?"

He looks at me like I had 2 heads

"Thea you are 9 years old. You are no where near responsible enough to be taking pain killers on your own!" He exclaims.

Dad puts a calming hand on his shoulder

"What Alex is try to say is that you could get very sick if you take to much medicine and you're a little young to know how much to take." He offers calmly.

I nod in understanding and wipe away a stray tear from my cheek.

"We should go to the hospital." Greyson says. Dad and the others nod in agreement but my heart begins to race.

"N-no I-I can't. M-Mom said I w-would get in b-big trouble if I w-went to the h-hospital." I stutter nervously.

Dad takes my face in his hands

"You won't get in trouble sweetheart." I look into his eyes to find any mistrusts

"Promise?" I mutter.

He nodded "I promise." 

I accept this and allow him to lift me up and carry me to the car. 

To the hospital we go.

Super sorry for any misspellings! They found out! What do you think will happen at the hospital? What will happen to Thea's mom and stepdad? Interesting times ahead for Miss Thea...

Edited:7/26/20