Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:
****

Two days later I spent playing hookie so I can catch up on homework. I sit on my bed finishing up, and my phone chimes on my bedside table. It's a text... from Austin. I smile as I click on his name.

Austin: Party tonight at my place. Here's the address ;) 142 St. S

I smile and type back with zero hesitation.

See you there.

I proceed to call Rebekah and fill her in.

"Hey, Bek. Come over. We have plans."

"What are we doing?" Bekah chuckles.

"We're planning, that's what." I say to her with a devious smirk, knowing full well that she can't see.

"Well, alright then!" Rebekah exclaims, "I'll see you in five!"

"Good to hear. See ya." I hum back to her.

"Byeeeee," she hangs up. My phone buzzes just as I'm about to put it down. I look to see who it is.

Austin: Sweet. :) What's your favorite snack?

I stare at my screen and the first snack that comes to my mind is chocolate-covered peanuts. Love, love, love them. I text him that.

Austin: Nice. I'll be sure to have some. Lol.

I chuckle at my phone. How random.

Rebekah's car enters my driveway moments later and I rush to unlock the front door as I am home alone. I glance at her from the window of my living room and first notice the huge duffel bag hanging off her shoulder. Geez, Bekah. You always come prepared.

"HEYY!" she shouts when she notices me.

I smile and invite her inside. She walks straight to my kitchen and opens the fridge, "where is everyone?"

"They went out tonight," I shrug.

"Without you?" Rebekah turns up a juice container.

"I needed to catch up on homework," I sigh, "plus, my brother is the antichrist. I needed a break."

She chuckles and nods in understanding, "well, what are you wanting to do, then?"

"Well," I hesitate, "we were invited to a party... At Austin's house."

"I'M IN!" she exclaims, "and I brought the perfect outfit!"

"How come you brought an outfit with you?"

"I brought one outfit for every possible occasion," she grins, holding up her bag.

"I see," my eyes widen. On the inside I'm laughing at her antics, she's so freaking crazy it's lovable.

"Well!! Quit standing there, let's get dressed!" Rebekah demands with a grin. She slams her juice on the counter.

"Oh, no, no, no. You're not helping me get dressed." I shake my head. I know how that ends. Always the same. I look like a crazy stupid clown in tight clothing.

"Oh, come on. I'll go easy on you," she laughs.

I scowl at her, "sure you will." I say rolling my eyes, "you wear far too much makeup it's not me."

"I promise," she bats her eyes, "would I lie to you?"

"Probably," I sarcastically chuckle.

"Don't sound so unsure sweetheart."