Chapter 11

People began to notice that something was up with Anna. They were whispering to each other in the halls when she passed, and rumours were going around like wildfire. Some said that she had been attacked by Crabbe and Goyle and it had messed with her head, while others said that she was just doing it to try and get attention for herself. But attention was the last thing that Anna wanted right now. Cedric hadn't spoken a word to her since their fight, but Anna thought that maybe this was for the best. Now it wouldn't be as hard to push him away, since he wasn't talking to her anyways. Hermione, however, refused to let Anna push her away. "Anna, you have to tell me what's wrong! I can help you!"
"No you can't Mione! Not with this!"
People in the hall stopped to watch this little fight take place.
"Anna this isn't good for you! You're losing weight rapidly, you barely sleep!"
"It's nothing that I can't handle!" Anna turned to walk away when Hermione grabbed her wrist.
"Mione, let go."
"Not until you tell me what's going on with you." Hermione insisted.
"You can't always help everyone Hermione!" Anna yanked her wrist out of Hermione's grasp. "Because not everyone wants or needs help! Now I suggest that you keep your nose out of my business!" Anna knew that this was mean of her to say, but she thought that being mean to Hermione was the only way to get her to stop. Anna pushed her way through the crowd of people. She hated this, she never asked to be a werewolf. But it wasn't Remus' fault either, he hadn't been in control. She walked and walked until she reached Hagrid's hut. She often came here to talk with Buckbeak, it helped to calm her down. Unfortunately by the end of the school year, the Ministry would be taking Buckbeak, and killing him, since Malfoy had lied and told his father that the creature had viciously attacked him. Buckbeak got all excited when he saw Anna walking up to him. He came over to her, nuzzling her. Anna smiled softly as she stroked his head. "Hey Bucky." She murmured. "You hanging in there?"
Buckbeak chirped in response, causing Anna to laugh. "You're really the only one that I can talk to these days besides Myrtle." Anna said as she sat down, Buckbeak laying down at her feet and putting his head in her lap.
Anna hummed softly as she continued to pet him. "You're one of my only friends now Bucky." She whispered as her eyes began to fill with tears. Buckbeak lifted his head and nudged her cheek gently. Anna chuckled as she wiped the tears away.
"Aw, is the itsy-bitsy Potter crying?" Malfoy sneered as he walked up to her, although he made certain to stay away from Buckbeak.
"Piss off Malfoy!" Anna snapped, and Malfoy chuckled darkly. "I wouldn't be so rude if I were you, considering that I know about your furry little problem."
"You what?" Anna's eyes widened and she could feel the color drain from her face.
"Oh yes." He smirked at her. "You see, I was passing by the hospital wing when I heard you asking Madame Pomfrey if you would become a werewolf. Just imagine what everyone would say if they knew that they were going to school with a werewolf."
"Draco you can't tell anyone!" Anna begged. "Please!!"
"I might be inclined to not tell anyone." Draco said slowly. "If you do all of my homework for the rest of the year."
Anna quickly nodded. "Yeah, sure, I'll do that. Just please don't tell anybody!"
"My lips are sealed....for now." Draco sauntered away, and Anna bit her lip. "I'm in deep shit Bucky."

For the next month Anna did all of Malfoy's homework for him. That, along with doing her own work left her absolutely frazzled. Finally the time came. Her first transformation. That night Remus walked with her to Snape's office so that they could take the Wolfsbane together.
"Now, the first transformation is the most painful one." Remus said as they walked. "But since we'll be having the Wolfsbane, it will make things a lot easier, because the potion ensures that a werewolf still keeps their human mind."
Anna nodded quietly. Ever since the encounter with Malfoy she had become even more closed off and isolated, if that was even possible. Remus had no idea that Draco was blackmailing her, and Anna wasn't about to tell him because she knew that if she did, then the entire school would know that she was a werewolf, and she didn't want to risk expulsion.
When they reached Snape's office, he wordlessly handed them two small vials. Anna almost gagged as she downed the sour tasting stuff. After they had drank their potions, Anna and Remus walked out near the Forbidden Forest. Anna looked up at the sky, fear gripping her heart as a group of clouds floated away from the full moon. It was time. Suddenly a great pain seized Anna's body and she doubled over. She could feel it, could feel herself changing. She could feel her teeth growing into fangs, could hear her clothes ripping as her body grew larger and more wolf-like. When the transformation was complete, she glanced at Remus. He nudged her gently, as though telling her that everything was going to be okay. There was a little yip, and Anna saw the black dog that had saved her before. To her surprise, Remus started  playing with the dog. Remus turned and barked at Anna, gesturing for her to join in. If she didn't know better, she would say the black dog was almost smirking at her. She yelped as the dog tackled her playfully to the ground. She used her front paws to push him off and she got up, yipping as though she were laughing. Her tongue was hanging out mockingly before she ran off, Remus and the dog right on her tail.

This continued on through the night until finally dawn came, and Anna and Remus started to change back into their human forms. The black dog ran off, leaving Remus and Anna alone.
"It's a good thing that we had that Wolfsbane." Remus said as they walked to the castle. He had taken the precaution of hiding some clothes out there for them so that they weren't completely nude when walking through the castle. But they were both also quite weak, their transformations having taking a toll on them physically, so they were forced to spend the day resting in the hospital wing.
"If we hadn't had that Wolfsbane the transformation would have been a lot more painful, and you would end up with a lot more scars."
"It could be more painful?" Anna asked incredulously, and Remus chuckled. "Much more painful. It was hell for me when I was in school. Luckily I had your father and our friends."
"But weren't you scared that you would hurt them?"
"I was terrified." Remus admitted. "But they didn't let that stop them. They were determined to help me, and they weren't going to let anything stop them."
Anna looked down at her hands. "I've been pushing everybody away." She admitted. "I've been so terrified if hurting them that I just....pushed everyone away. Cedric and I got into a huge fight, same thing with Hermione, and I just avoid Harry and Fred altogether."
Remus sighed softly. "Anna, I know from personal experience that pushing away everyone that you care about is only going to make things worse. Not just for them, but you. Especially you. It takes a heavy toll on you mentally."
Anna nodded slowly. "So you think that I should tell them then?"
"I really think that you should." Remus answered. "I think that it would be best, for everyone."
Anna contemplated this silently. Maybe he was right. Maybe it would be best if she told them, the ones close to her at least. Harry, Fred, Hermione and Cedric. They had tried to help her without even knowing what was going on, they deserved to know. But not right now. Anna was too tired to do much of anything right now. So she merely snuggled into her blankets and fell asleep.