F I V E ✅

After dropping the girls off I headed to the studio and started on a new song.

"Dave sing what you got so far." Jordan told me.

"Ain't nothing cooler than being your dad. I could be mad at the world soon as I see you I'm glad." They nodded. Jordan looked at me.

"What about adding Kairi into it. Like having her sing or some." He recommended. I nodded taking that into consideration.

After working for a few more hours we took a break and I called my moms.

"Hey Dave."
"Hey moms. How's the girls?"
"Kairi has been telling all about this new girlfriend of yours. While Cherish....Dave I'm worried about her." I frowned and walked out the studio.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked. "I don't think shes ever been away from her mom. She keeps asking me if her dad beat her mom or if her mom was coming to get her. On her back Dave I saw three bruises. Is Karin in a domestic violent relationship?"

I looked at the sky. "Yeah but I'm handling it." I told her. "Dave Cherish is seriously gonna need you. Ion think her dad is being a dad." I nodded.

"Yeah I heard you." I said.

Karin

I looked into the mirror at myself. He busted my lip, my eye was black and blue and it was swollen, and I  had a huge bruise on my cheek.

I couldn't let Cherish see me like this. I was about to get into the shower when someone knocked at the door.

I went to open it to reveal my brother Jayden. Hes about two years older than me so while I'm 23 hes 25. I had Cherish when I was 18. I didn't have to drop out or anything and I got into college I just left early.

I hugged him tight but when I pulled back his smile was gone. "WHAT THE FUCK!" He yelled. I knew he was talkin about my face. "The fuck happened to you?" He shut the door and looked at me.

"Nothing, I just got inna fight with some hoe." I lied and he eyed me. "Yeahhh I know that shits a lie. You used to always fight in middle school and you never lost let alone get a bruise on you."

I sighed. "Marcus did this shit. I should've known some was up when he wanted you to move out at 17." I looked at the floor.

"Where is he? Wheres Cherish?" He panicked and started looking around the house. "J calm down shes with a friend." I said. He sat on the couch and took a deep breath. "Why you ain't tell me this pussy ass nigga was beating on you?" He asked.

I shrugged because I seriously didnt know why. I love Marcus and I know he loves me too. He put his face in his hands. "Before I moved out I made a promise to mom and dad to always keep you safe. I broke that shit." I sighed because hes blaming himself and he shouldn't.

"You didnt know." I said softly hoping to calm him down. "No that's not an excuse. There were signs that I ignored." He closed his eyes. "Your living with me." He said and I shook my head.

"Jayden its not that serious--"
"Not that serious. That nigga could kill you and Cherish the fuck you mean it ain't that fucking serious." I bit my lip.

"I'll leave him. Just give me time." I told him. "You got two months." I nodded. The rest of the day we hung out and talked. It was fun. Being with my brother. I don't spend much time with any of my friends or family.

He wanted to take me out for lunch so I got dressed.

We went to a diner where I ordered a cheeseburger, fries and a soda

We went to a diner where I ordered a cheeseburger, fries and a soda. Jayden got a pizza slice and a soda.

"So this friend that Cherish is with. Who is it?" Jayden asked. "Guy named Dave. I met him at the park and he has a daughter named Kairi. Kairi and Cherish grew a bond at the park." I answered and he nodded.

I covered up the bruises and stuff with concealer and made sure it wouldn't show.

I bit into my burger and ate a fry. Jayden and I were laughing and having a good time when I heard.

"Mommy!" I smiled and kissed Cherish on her cheek. "Uncle Jay." She hugged Jayden. "Hey Kawin." I hugged Kairi. "Hey babygirl."

I smiled up at Dave. "Hey." I said.
"Hey." He smiled at me. "Jayden this is the friend I was telling you about, that's Dave. Dave this my brother Jayden." I introduced. They shook hands.

"Mommy Dave took us to a...a.." she turned to Dave. "What's that place again?" He asked. "Carnival." He answered.

"Yeah that. And he won me a new teddy bear see? Then we went to the park and Kairi got hungry so we came here." I smiled at her glowing face.

I never could give Cherish that much fun. "Sounds like fun." I said and she nodded. "Mommy can I stay with Dave for a little longer? I asked him and he said I had to ask you first." She told me.

I looked at Dave. "Its cool if you wanna. You probably need a break." I smiled and nodded. "Uh sure. Just give me an address and I'll drop her stuff off." He nodded and wrote his address down.

"Bye Uncle Jay." She hugged Jayden one last time before the three of them walked away. I never saw Cherish that happy in my life. And it hurt that I couldn't make her as happy as Dave could.