25

"Why haven't you been going to school?" Naeun asked me as she sat with me on the couch

Her personality hasn't changed one bit from the person I knew 2 years ago. But of course, she has matured like me. We're 16 now.

She raised her eyebrows at me for not answering. "Aren't you gonna answer?"

"I didn't feel like going." I was closest with her, but I wasn't going to drop the act. For everyone I just wanted to be the normal Haeun. "Why? Do you remember me properly following the rules?"

"My god. From what I heard you have turned into a softie." Naeun snickered, but that expression soon changed. "But you can't hide it from me."

"Hide what?" I almost stuttered. Did she know about the messages? But how?

"Who is this girl Seulbi to you? I ran into her today." She looked down before looking back up at me. "How did you not beat her up already? That brat is as annoying as a fly."

I almost laughed. "Right? But nothing bad happened between us. She just tries to bully me."

"Is that the reason you haven't been going to school?" Naeun asked again and I decided to turn the tables.

"You have nothing to say. I heard from Taeyong how much you skip school! And also, you're here now instead of coming during the break." I sassily delivered the remark and Naeun looked away while clearing her throat.

"Hey, most of those skips were for company reasons. And aren't you happy to see your sister?" She pointed out, almost offended. I smirked.

"No, not at all."

"Yah! You wanna die?" She raised her fist at me and for the first time in ages I genuinely laughed.

"Of course not. I missed you like crazy. How long will you be staying?" I was curious for how much I had to act for. She shrugged.

"As long as I want. Dad made a good excuse to the school so I can sit here for months!" She smiled.

"What about the 'business' you skipped school for?"

"Shut up."

We both laughed.

"Anyway, do you want me to go teach that Seulbi bitch another lesson?" Naeun gave me a devilish smirk. I quicky shook my head.

"No, no, no, do you want me to get kicked out?" My eyes widened at her and she looked me up and down in disbelief.

"Wow, what a good girl. Anyway, where will I sleep?" She looked around the living room.

"With me obviously. Unless you want to sleep with mom?" I asked playfully and she gave me the most offended look. "I'm just kidding!"

"But..." the look of worry came back. "Is mom still the same as what you used to tell me about her?" She asked and I thought about it for a while.