Birthday Girl

"Can I be him?
I heard there was someone but I know he don't deserve you
If you were mine I'd never let anyone hurt you, no, no
I wanna dry those tears, kiss those lips
It's all that I've been thinking about"

Noelle

"Happy Birthday Elle"

Stepping aside, I blink a few time as Harry steps in my room from the window.

"Are you drunk again?" I ask astonished.

I didn't see him drink that much.

He chuckles, straightening his sweatpants with one hand "No, never been more sober."

He sits on my bed, taking out a lighter from his pocket and lightening the pink candle on top of the cupcake.

I'm frozen as he looks up at me with hopeful eyes "Well? You have to blow the candle out and make a wish" he urges me, patting the spot on my bed near me.

Sighing, I sit beside him, bringing my legs up and crossing them "Do I really have to make a wish? I'm not really good with these things Harry" I complain.

He turns in my direction bringing a hand in front of the cupcake to protect the flame, "Yes, you have to"

A wish.

The problem with this simple task is that - from the moment I lost my mum - all I wished for my birthday and at Christmas was to have her back. Nothing seemed important enough to be wished for if not having her back, even just for a second.

Wishes are bastards.

Wishes make you feel like shit.

Looking at the cupcake in Harry's hands, I frown "I don't really have a wish"

He snorts, taken aback "Everyone has a wish Elle. C'mon, think" he huffs.

I twist my fingers nervously and look up at him, his clear green irises studying my features.

Nodding, I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

I wish my mum is proud of me.

"See? It wasn't difficult" Harry cheers, handing me the sweet and clapping his hand together "What did you wish?"

I breathe out a laugh taking the dividing the cupcake in two and giving him half "Now Harry... Curiosity killed..."

"The cat... Yeah yeah, I know" he mocks me in annoyance, taking a bite.

Red velvet.

I literally moan as I chew "Did you make this?" I ask with my mouth full.

Never claimed myself as a feminine woman.

" Yes" he grins but his eyes twitch, a clear sign that he is lying.

I swat his arm " Lies have long nose, don't you know?

He swallows and runs a finger on his nose," My nose his perfect "

"A bit disproportionate if you ask me" I chuckle.

Harry gasps, bringing a hand on his chest "Take it back"

Shrugging I finish the cupcake and clean my hand on the t-shirt I use for sleeping "Momma raised me well. I don't lie" I laugh, seeing his offended expression.

It happens in a blur, one moment Harry is narrowing his eyes at me, the moment later he is in attack mode, throwing the pillow behind him in my face, and making fall on my side on the bed.