nine

*TW: Self harm scene*

Slytherin Common Room

Well, Draco had just told a white lie to Harry and arrived back to his common room from Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. He spent most the night in the bathroom and now he had finally returned.

Sneaking around, he went to his dormitory to get a fresh roll of bandage and snuck into the toilet, locking its door.

Dormitory Toilet

"Ah, fuck, this is really painful.", he muttered as he unravelled the hastily covered wounds from where his dark mark was, or rather, is. The bandage he had put on earlier with Moaning Myrtle was now soaked through, with blood dripping out and almost dropping onto the floor. But it didn't, fortunately.

Draco knew that if someone knew about this, the first thing they would do is look down on him. They would laugh at him. He didn't want that, he had pride too. From young, he was always taught that he is of a higher standing than everyone.

He was better off than everyone else, luckier than everyone else to be born in the 'Malfoy' family.

He hated his name. If 'Draco Malfoy' couldn't be bad enough, his actual full name had the name of his father, a Deatheater, in it. 'Draco Lucius Malfoy'.

What a terrible excuse of a name.

Once he bathed and changed it, Draco took the used bandages and used his wand to burn it. If he had learnt anything from his encounter with Professor Snape and Voldemort, it's not to leave any evidence.

He had also knew that Pansy was catching on fast. But hopefully he can dodge it, it wasn't on his wrists, anyway. Draco wasn't killing himself, he was just trying to get rid of his mark.. Was he?

...

Yes, he was.

*End of self-harm scene*

Draco took a lump of hair gel and spread it onto his hands, he ran his hands through his hair, styling it.

"A really ugly shade of yellow, if I do say so myself.", he mumbled as he looked in the mirror to adjust his hair. That blonde hair and silver eyes was proof that he was a Malfoy, he always had to physically make an effort to focus on his hair while looking in the mirror and not on the fact that he so wanted to claw out the face that was in it.

Once his hair was neatly positioned, he took his wand and waved it towards the mirror. His swollen eyes and eye bags from crying and staying up the entire night disappeared in an instant.

Draco inhaled deeply and then exhaled slowly. Afterwards, he gave himself a smile and continued to wear it even after he left the bathroom.