Chapter 14

Draco didn't think he had ever been in a more romantic situation, and he could feel everything so clearly now. He felt something for Hermione that he had never felt for anyone else before. All he wanted to do was to make her feel special and loved. 

They had watched the entire sunset and were now walking around the narrow roads trying to find something to eat. They finally found something and sat down at one of the tables outside. It was a small cafe like the one at home, and they both were happy with what they had ordered. 

"Draco?" Hermione was trying to bring up the bed situation, but she had no idea how to address it.

"Yes?"

"Well, I forgot to book another room,"

"That's alright. I can sleep on the couch that was in the room. It doesn't bother me."

"Draco, that seems totally unfair."

"Hermione, we have magic. I can make the couch bigger. It won't be a problem."

"Right, I should have thought of that."

She was relieved at the solution that he had thought of and went back to enjoying her meal; as they were finishing, they noticed that across from the restaurant was a small building with crazy lights coming out from the windows. 

"Ma'am, what is over there?" Hermione asked when the waitress came back to deliver the check.

"That is a club, makes so much noise, but I have to admit when I was a bit younger, I had a lot of fun there."

"We are going," Draco said plainly at Hermione as he paid for dinner.

"What?"

"You asked me to help you have fun. Clubs are fun. We are going."

"Draco, it's late."

"You are never going to have this opportunity again. Make the most out of it."

Hermione thought for a couple of minutes and let out a breath when she internally gave into Draco, "Fine. We should go."

The waitress returned, and Draco thanked her again before grabbing Hermione's hand and running with her to the club. 

Once inside, Hermione started regretting it instantly. The music was louder than she was expecting, and it was incredibly crowded with drunk, sweaty people. 

"Draco!" Hermione was practically screaming into Draco's ear to get his attention.

"No, we are not leaving. Let's get one drink and then dance, and if you still hate it, we can go."

Hermione nodded and accepted whatever was going to happen. Draco got them both shots, and Hermione threw it back when it was handed to her. She didn't want to think about what was going to happen. Draco smirked at the girl in front of him. 

The liquid burned down Hermione's throat, and she coughed a bit. She glared back at Draco, who had a smirk plastered across his face. She leaned in close, not to be outdone by him, and ordered another drink. 

"Do you want to open a tab?" The man behind the bar asked Hermione.

"No, go ahead and put it on his," She pointed at Draco, who laughed and nodded at the man that it was fine. He just shrugged and gave her two more shots. 

"You know if you wanted more, you could have just asked," Draco was whispering in her ear, and she felt shivers go down her spine, the butterflies returned, and she felt her face heat up. Though this time, she was blaming it on the alcohol. 

"So what else do we do here to have fun, Malfoy?" Hermione said as she put her hands on her hips. 

Draco smiled at her, took one hand off her hip, and led her to the dance floor. Hermione was now increasingly uncomfortable. She had never been to a club before and wasn't sure if this dancing was really her style. Draco danced around her and tried to get her to loosen up. She was looking everywhere but him, and he frowned a bit. 

"Hermione, no one cares what you look like or what you dance-like. It is for fun." Draco kept dancing around Hermione, and she eventually loosened up. Draco noticed that the more drinks that she consumed, the more she danced. He smiled and wondered if she had ever done something like this and figured she hadn't. 

After a while, they found a place to sit at the bar, and they talked about life. Draco noticed that she always had a sparkle in her eye when she talked about her work, and he felt his heart flutter when she spoke so passionately about it. 

"You know you really love your job," Draco teased her.

"I do. It is the job I wanted, and I want to do it well."

"I think you exceed all expectations."

"Thank you, Draco,"

Hermione leaned in close, she wanted to so badly,  but she stopped herself. He didn't want her to kiss him, what an absurd thought. She leaned back, and Draco tried to hide his disappointment. 

"Do you want to go? We have been here longer than I thought we would be." Draco was standing up.

"Yes, I'm pretty tired now."

Hermione followed suit and stood up, grabbing Draco for balance. She had quite a bit more to drink than he had, and she was feeling it. He wrapped his arm around her and helped her out of the club. They slowly walked back to the hotel room, and Hermione couldn't help but love the fact that Draco was holding her. She thought about kissing him again and tried to shake the thought out of her head. He doesn't like her like that. She is only his friend. She tried to reason with herself and figured sleeping this off would be the best medicine. 

Draco helped Hermione into bed and then made it, so the couch was large enough for him to sleep on and conjured a blanket before he laid down. He just laid there watching as she slept. He should have just done it when she leaned in at the club. He should have just kissed her. At least then he would know if she liked him as he liked her. He yearned to be holding her again, and all he could do was try and sleep the feeling away.