Dance partners

Ruby p.o.v
I was in the ballroom sitting at a table by myself bored out of mind. I was in the ballroom because Weiss and Yang has to decorate it for the dance that was happening. And Blake well she's in the library doing more research for her investigation. Meaning I had no one to talk to or play with I mean I could've gone out a buy a dress for the dance but I don't trust my judgement. Yang then suddenly placed the giant speaker she was carrying behind me and asked me.

Yang:so have you picked out a dress for the dance yet?

Ruby:what's the point of even going if Blake's isn't going.

Yang:oh don't worry, she's going.

Weiss then walked up to me with two types of table cloth that looked exactly the same.

Weiss:Ruby I need you to pick a table cloth.

Ruby:um Weiss I think there the same color.

Weiss:never mind, I don't even know why I asked.

Yang:so you got a date for the dance Ruby.

Ruby:no, why?

Yang:well seeing as Weiss and Blake are getting dates you'd be all by yourself.

Ruby:what do you mean I have you Yang.

Yang:Ruby you need to talk with more people. Oh I know you can go with y/n.

When she said that my face suddenly blushed and my body began to panic.

Ruby:wait what!?

Yang:oh come on y/n isn't that bad to look at. And you guys are already friends it should be easy to talk to him.

Ruby:exactly Yang were friends nothing more.

Yang:well I'm sure that'll change soon.

The doors to the ballroom then opened and y/n, Neptune, and Sun walk in.

Neptune:so this is what the ballroom is going to look like?

Weiss:well it's not done yet but it'll be done soon.

Yang:yeah and guess what there is going to be a fog machine.

Weiss:yeah only if I get my doilies.

Yang:Weiss I thought we agreed to no doilies.

Sun:you ladies all excited for dress up?

Ruby:pfft, yeah right.

Yang:laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night.

Weiss:what are you two going to wear.

Sun:uh, the clothes we're wearing right now.

Neptune:please excuse my friend here for he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Sun:hey I may have moved to mistral but I grew up in Vacuo. Not exactly a shirt and tie place.

Yang:yeah I noticed. So what are you going to wear y/n.

Y/n:my pajamas cause I'm not going.

Yang:what, why?

Y/n:simple I hate dances. Last time I went to a dance was my middle school dance and I sure regret doing so.

Yang walked up to y/n and wrapped an arm around him and said.

Yang:oh come on y/n think about all the ladies who would fall for you. And who knows you might lose something that night after the dance.

Y/n:like heck that's happening I eat virginity for breakfast.

Yang:well it seems you had to take other people's virginity just so you could eat some.