[ 3.05 ] - Intermediate: Networking

Intermediate: Networking

[ 3.05 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 12

"And that concludes the Orientation. Please feel free to mingle with those around you. Who knows, you may be working with them in the future!"

Once the representatives left the stage, the crowd began to disperse and Ryun made a run for the door behind us. Unlike before, Ryon and I didn't stop him and followed him out instead. He had quickly found a table to sit at and I gladly joined him as I finally relaxed my legs.

"Remind to never stand between the two of you." I could only smile as I kept quiet. He knew there was no getting out of his spot. We always maintained this order, no matter where we were—well, usually at least.

After a few minutes of rest, Ryon stood up from his seat. His eyes were no longer carefree and friendly. Instead, they were sharp and cunning.

"Where are you going, Ryon?" I asked with slight curiosity. Seeing the light change in his eyes, I knew he was up to something, though I was unsure of what.

"Networking. Didn't you hear what they said?" He tells me honestly. I could only roll my eyes in response.

"Ryon, you know that Ryn has little to no social skills. Why bother trying to influence her to." Ryun comments. I don't even bothering reacting since it was the blatant truth. I truly was not willing to socialize with any other person unless forced to.

"I was just testing to see if she'd at least try. Seems that her will is very small." He lets out a charming laugh, drawing the attention of the young girls who were passing by. I decided to turn my head away from the passerby's.

"Yoon, will you be staying with Ryn?" Ryon asks, to which he scoffed.

"Of course not. I'm just waiting to see if I see any of my friends from last year."

I glanced over to Ryun and slightly smirked. "That's a lie. We all know you just don't want to get up from that seat."

He glared at me and we were back to our usual silent disputes.

Quickly breaking us out of our dispute, Ryon let out a cough and gave us both a stare down. "I forgot to mention before, but Grandmother told me to watch over the two of you. If I remember correctly, she said that if you both cause a scene, there will be major consequences."

"Fine, I'll go sit at another table then." I let out a sigh before standing up and sitting two tables away from Ryun. I resumed my previous position and turned away from my cousins whilst isolating myself from others. Despite my efforts, it seems there are many persistent in befriending everyone in the venue.

Walking into my view was a boy around my age with reddish brown hair and a pair of warm, brown eyes. He had a bright smile on, which seemed to be permanently etched there, though not as ugly as Litheon's smile.

He looked at me with the intentions of getting to know me.

Gosh, and I thought I made my body language as obvious as possible.

Inwardly sighing, I finally sat up straight and gave him my attention.

"Hello! I'm Ezen Ru." He introduces himself, sticking his hand out for a handshake.

With my usual polite smile plastered on my lips, I shook his hand. "I'm Ryenne Atstelli, nice to meet you."

When I introduced myself, his eyes widened with surprise, but he quickly composed himself after.

"So, Miss Atstelli, is this also your first year attending the training camp?"

I was taken aback by what he had called me, causing me to burst out into a fit of laughter. Perhaps it was the oddity of being called that by someone of my age. "Please, don't call me that."

He stared at me with shock for a few moments, but soon a smile found its way back his face and he let out an embarrassed laugh. "Sorry, I'm not used to this. What should I call you?"

"Just Ryenne is fine."

"Are you...sure?" He asks again.

I cocked my head to one side and just watched him for a moment. "If you're not comfortable with it, then I guess I can't stop you."

"No, No! I'll just call you Ryenne." He gave in quickly, causing a smile to form on my face.

"Glad we're on the same page." I tell him.

Suddenly, I was in disbelief of myself.

Did I just manipulate him?

27 March x029

Author's note:
Finally! I've introduced the character I've been anticipating!
Also, somehow I found myself entertained by my own writing, though it's kind of dumb.
Ryenne always talks about her father who is good at pulling strings along with Ryon who is very similar to him, and yet here she finds herself doing the same, though minor, unexpectedly.
I also wrote that part unexpectedly, but when I think of it, it makes sense.
(Gosh, here I am analyzing my own work)

Question:
What do you guys think of Ezen Ru so far?

11.4.2020