exulansis

exulansis

-

the tendency to give up trying to talk about

an experience because people are unable to relate to it

The doors to the medical clinic burst open, revealing Harry Bingham with an unconscious Adelaide Miller in his arms. The room was chaos, about a dozen people were lay on hospital beds throwing up and looking very ill. Kelly and Gordie were rushing around, trying to do their best to help anyone they could from the unknown illness.

"Someone help!" Harry shouted as he entered, his arms growing weaker and his worry increasing for the girl. Kelly ran over to him, checking Addy's pulse and directing them over to the last available bed in the corner of the room.

"How long has she been out?" Kelly asked, placing the back of her hand on Adelaide's forehead for her temperature. "Uhh, I don't know, like 10 minutes? I ran straight here." Harry said panicking, looking around at the state of the ward. "You gotta help her, Kelly. Please." His eyes glossed over, he couldn't bear the thought of him losing Addy.

Before Kelly could reassure the boy, Gordie rushed over, an IV in hand. "Kelly you have to do it now, Elle and Adelaide look the worst." Kelly hesitated, fumbling around with the equipment he gave her. She took a deep breath before placing the needle in Addy's arm, Harry holding Adelaide's hand whilst she did it.

"Did it work?" Harry asked, breathing heavily. "I think so." Kelly replied before taking Gordie and pacing over to Elle who was a couple of beds down the corridor. Harry sighed and placed his head in his hands, overwhelmed by the nights events. Only two hours ago, the couple were walking back from the thanksgiving feast hand in hand the evening had took a drastic turn for the worst.

"You're gonna be ok, Ads." he stated, placing her hair behind her ear. Just as he did this, the girl began to stir awake, shifting around slowly. She groaned and her eyes fluttered open. "Addy, Addy. You're ok. Thank god, you're ok. I'm here." Harry reassured her thankful she had finally regained consciousness.

"What happened?" she asked drowsily, trying to sit upright before Harry gently pushed her back down. "You were sick and you passed out. Apparently, so were a lot of people." he replied, still holding her hand in comfort.

"Thank you." Addy responded simply, still disoriented from the events. She laced her fingers between Harry's, weakly smiling at him. Seeing Harry Bingham actually care for her made Adelaide relieved. There was no doubt that there was a romantic tension between the two, but Addy often questioned if her really liked her. Now she was sure of it.

It has been four days since thanksgiving. The people who were 'poisoned' were now almost recovered. Allie still had no idea who was the culprit. Harry and Adelaide spent the last few days in Harry's bedroom only taking the occasional walk together. The two hadn't done any of their work assigned by the leaders of New Ham and their rations were cut short.

Luckily for the two, Addy had been saving a portion of her rations for Harry after she saw the note on his bedside when coming back from being in custody. They had enough to last them for the next few weeks and they didn't see any point in being involved with the town community.